***European Soccer Thread***

Cristiano Ronaldo Equals 38 Goal Pichichi Record

Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo etched his name into Spanish football history after equaling the Pichichi record of 38 goals in a single campaign with his brace against Villarreal on Sunday. The Portugal star scored two free kicks in the 3-1 win at Villarreal to equal Madrid legend Hugo Sanchez and Athletic Bilbao hero Telmo Zarra with one game left to play.

The 26 year old’s two goals on Sunday mean that he now has scored seven more goals than Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and is likely to win the Pichichi trophy handed out by Spanish newspaper Marca.

Hamit Altintop Signs 4 Year Contract With Real Madrid

A statement on the club's official website reads: "Real Madrid CF and Bayern Munich's Hamit Altintop have reached a deal that will see the player spend the next four seasons with the Spanish club."

Altintop's departure had been expected after the German club confirmed he was leaving following its final game against Stuttgart last week, as his deal was set to expire in June. Altintop played in Munich for 4 seasons.

Carlos Tevez: I Want To Leave Manchester City

Speaking to Radio Del Plata, Tevez said that after two years at City he was ready to move on.

"I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup. And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not. I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it had, but I need a change of scene."

Cavani Signs 5 Year Contract With Napoli

Edinson Cavani has signed a 5 year contract with Napoli and will remain with the Italian club until 2016, it was announced on Thursday.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the new deal and said on Radio Marte: "With Edinson we met today and we have extended our relationship. Then he left for Uruguay after signing the new agreement with me. We are satisfied and I am personally pleased to have a champion in the team but especially a nice person. Edinson is a man who has great faith and great personality, an important element for a Napoli team that has plenty of personality.”

The striker joined Napoli from Palermo on a season-long loan last summer.