***European Soccer Thread***

Sotirios Kyrgiakos Given 1 Year Extension At Liverpool

Liverpool defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos has been awarded a 1 year extension after activating an option in his contract, according to reports. Kyrgiakos arrived on a 2 year deal in 2009 but fulfilled a clause that extends his contract for playing in a certain amount of games last season.

Manchester United's Bebe Joins Besiktas On Loan

Manchester United has confirmed Bebe has joined Besiktas on loan for a fee of £876,000.

Besiktas announced the transfer on their official website after the Turkish stock market read that an agreement had been reached between the two clubs for the transfer of the 20-year-old, and now Manchester has verified the deal as well.

Bebe, an Under-21 international for Portugal, was signed by Manchester United last summer.

Report: Real Madrid Reach Agreement With Fabio Coentrao

According to the Portuguese sports newspaper Record, Real Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement in principle for defender Fabio Coentrao. Coentrao is supposedly expected in Madrid to have a medical and reach an agreement over personal terms this weekend, but this has not been confirmed officially by the clubs.

A Madrid source has reacted to the reports from Portugal on Friday morning, and told the Lusa news agency: "We have no comments to make about negotiations, about players, about reports."

Luka Modric Wants To Leave Tottenham

“I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club,” Modric told the Daily Mail.

"I need to talk with the chairman. I won’t ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham. I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer. If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave.”

Modric concedes he wishes to stay in London and play for a side in the Champions League but is adamant any move will not be motivated by money. “I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city. Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League."

Roma Close To Signing Bojan

Roma director Walter Sabatini has confirmed Roma is trying to complete the transfer of Barcelona striker Bojan Krkic in the next few days.

"In Spain they say Bojan is a Roma player," Sabatini told Sports Network. "It's very close and very realistic but the deal has not yet been finalized although we hope to do so on the coming days."

OFFICIAL: Jeremy Toulalan Joins Malaga From Lyon

A statement on Malaga's official website reads: "Malaga Club de Futbol and Olympique Lyonnais close an agreement for the transfer of Toulalan. The Spanish club has reached an agreement with Olympique Lyonnais during this morning for the transfer of the international player Jeremy Toulalan. The midfielder, who has also reached an agreement with the Malaga team for the next four seasons, will sign his new contract in the coming days and will be presented in the last week of this month."

Reports suggest the transfer fee was somewhere between $10-15 million.

Leonardo Leaves Inter

Inter CEO Ernesto Paolillo has confirmed that coach Leonardo has left the club after just 6 months in charge.

"Leonardo is going to Paris and the club are now looking for a new coach. We want to find another coach," Paolillo told Bloomberg.

Leonardo now looks set for the new general manager post with PSG and is rumored to want to take Carlo Ancelotti with him to the French capital.

Udinese's Alexis Sanchez To Barcelona?

Speaking to Sky Sport, Udinese's owner Gianpaolo Pozzo said Udinese has placed a $50 million price tag on the young Chilean striker. At the moment, Udinese has not received an offer from Barcelona. However, Quique Pina, a confidant of Pozzo in Spain, said on the television show The First Touch last night that an agreement is close. Possible Barcelona players included in the transaction include Bojan, Soriano, Jeffren and Dos Santos.

Agent: Rossi To Barcelona Highly Unlikely

Speaking to La Graderia, Federico Pastorello said Barcelona had seen their bid for Rossi, 24, rejected and that they were awaiting further developments.

"We are aware of an offer from Barcelona, but we were also told it was considered insufficient. We haven't spoken to anyone for over a week. We know the Blaugrana are negotiating with Villarreal, so all we can do is wait for news from the two clubs."

However, it has since emerged that Barca is on the verge of signing Udinese striker Alexis Sanchez and, with the club having only earmarked $45 million for new signings this summer, Pastorello no longer expects his client to sign with Barcelona.

"There have been no contacts in the last ten days. At this point it looks unlikely Rossi will join Barca," he told COMRadio. "They want Alexis Sanchez and, if they sign him for $30 million, there won't be money left for Rossi."

Andre Villas-Boas Quits Porto and Is Set To Become New Chelsea Manager

Porto confirmed the news to the CMVM (Portuguese stock market) following reports from the Lusa news agency that the 33-year-old quit via fax. Villas-Boas will officially leave his position once the terms of his release clause, 15 million euros, are met by Chelsea.

The statement reads: "Porto Football Club, under the terms of article 248, number 1 of the Securities Law, informs the market that Porto Football Club was today notified of the intention of its coach, Andre Villas Boas, to rescind, with no just cause, his sporting contract of employment with this company, activating the respective release clause, with immediate effect. Therefore, the employment contract will be considered, by this company, rescinded, with the deposit of the amount specified (in the release clause)."

OFFICIAL: Andre Villas-Boas Appointed New Chelsea Manager

"Andre was the outstanding candidate for the job. He is one of the most talented young managers in football today and has already achieved much in a relatively short space of time," a statement on the Chelsea website reads.

"His ambition, drive and determination matches that of Chelsea and we are confident Andre's leadership of the team will result in greater successes in major domestic and European competitions."

"Andre will bring his coaching experience back to a club he is already very familiar with, having previously worked here for three years. He has always been highly regarded at Chelsea and everyone here looks forward to welcoming him back and working with him."

Boas signed a 3 year deal with the London outfit.

Report: Roma Signs Barcelona's Bojan Krkic For $10 Million

Roma has struck an agreement with Barcelona to sign Bojan Krkic, according to Catalunya Radio. Reports in Spain indicate Roma will pay 10 million euros for the 20-year-old, with Barcelona keeping an option to buy back the striker. It is believed Bojan will pen a contract with Roma next week, when the European Under-21 Championship in Denmark has come to an end.

OFFICIAL: Manchester United Signs Ashley Young From From Aston Villa

Manchester United has completed the signing of Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Young for a fee believed to be in the region of $17 million. The club confirmed on their official website that the England international has signed a 5 year deal after passing a medical.

Young had been at Villa Park since January 2007 following a move from Watford and made 190 appearances in his time at the club, scoring 38 goals.

Barcelona Acknowledges Offer For Bojan

The secretary and spokesman of the FC Barcelona board, Toni Freixa, said on Wednesday that Barça has received an offer from Roma for Bojan Krkic: "We have an offer but it’s still in the study and evaluation phase. Obviously when you receive an offer like this and the club is considering it, it’s because it raises the possibility that it’s feasible," added the secretary and spokesman.

Udinese Owner Slaps Price Tag On Alexis Sanchez

"This is not about going into a fight, but if Cesc is worth €40 million and Neymar and Sergio Aguero €45 million, I say Alexis Sanchez is worth €50 million," Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo told Spanish newspaper AS.

"If Barca want him, they will have to pay his fair price, which is €50m. He is the piece missing in Guardiola's puzzle, a player who makes the difference," he said.

"You do not have to see it as an expensive transfer, since I am sure Madrid will not win anything next year if Barca sign him. I am sure this alone is enough to justify and pay his price. That is the math they should do, besides thinking they will be signing a rising star just 22 years old who will bring many joys for at least a decade."