***European Soccer Thread***

Malaga Signs Valencia Striker Joaquin For $4 Million

Malaga has announced they have completed the signing of Valencia striker Joaquin for a fee of $4 million. The Spaniard signed a 3 year contract which will keep him at the club until June 2014. The 29-year-old has become Malaga's seventh summer signing, following in the footsteps of Diego Buonanotte, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Joris Mathijsen, Nacho Monreal, Sergio Sanchez and Jeremy Toulalan.

Report: Arsenal Rejects $27 Million Offer From Barcelona For Cesc Fabregas

The Telegraph and the Sun both claim Arsenal has rejected a $27 million offer for the Spanish midfielder. The World Cup winner has long maintained that he would like to play for Barcelona at some point in his career, having left their youth academy for Arsenal in 2003.

Report: Atletico Madrid Set Sights On Giuseppe Rossi As Replacement For Sergio Aguero

Spanish newspaper AS is reporting Atleti is considering a move for Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi as they prepare for life after Sergio Aguero.

The 24-year-old initially appeared to be on his way to Barcelona this summer, but rumors of a move have now waned as la Blaugrana have now turned their attention to Udinese's Alexis Sanchez. Atletico feel they have a realistic chance of luring Rossi to Madrid and are willing to pay up to $30 million for the Italian.

OFFICIAL: Gian Piero Gasperini Appointed New Head Coach Of Inter Milan

A statement on Inter's official website reads: "Gian Piero Gasperini will be the new Inter coach. The official announcement will come as soon as the final bureaucratic formalities are completed and, in that moment, the date of his presentation to the press will be announced as well. Gasperini, 53 years old, will sign a two-year contract. He will work with the Nerazzurri staff already present, along with two new collaborators: assistant Bruno Caneo and fitness trainer Luca Trucchi."

David de Gea Arrives In Manchester For Medical Ahead Of $18.3 Million Transfer

De Gea, 20, arrived at Bridgewater Hospital on Monday following the conclusion of the European Under-21 Championship on Saturday. The deal with both de Gea and Atletico Madrid has been agreed for some time but the conclusion of the move has been put on hold, largely due to a dispute with an agent.

De Gea has long been expected to complete a move to Old Trafford after he was identified by Sir Alex Ferguson as a fitting replacement for Edwin van der Sar, who retired at the end of the season.

Alexis Sanchez Issues Ultimatum: Sell Me To Barcelona Or Don't Sell Me At All

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, Sanchez demanded: "Either it's Barcelona or I will stay [at Udinese]."

Sanchez has been clear and vociferous over his desire to play at Barcelona, but Udinese has been distracted by a late surge from Manchester City. They are said to have offered almost $36 million plus $4.5 million in bonuses, with Barcelona offering only around $35 million.

OFFICIAL: Real Madrid Signs Rafael Varane

The French Under-21 international passed a medical at Real earlier on Monday and has penned a contract until 2017 with the club. His transfer, which is believed to be valued at around $10 million, is likely to pave the way for the exit of Ezequiel Garay, for whom Madrid has already received offers.

Varane, who made his professional debut for Lens only last year, has established himself as one of France's most promising youth players despite his club being relegated to Ligue 2.

OFFICIAL: Manchester United Confirms Signing Of David de Gea

Manchester United has confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea on a 5 year deal. The transfer fee has not been announced but it is expected to be in the region of $18 million, which would make de Gea the most expensive goalkeeper in English football.

De Gea told MUTV: "I feel very proud and I can’t wait to start playing here. When a club the size of Manchester United comes in for you it obviously makes you very, very happy. I saw their interest as an extra motivation to work even harder to show off my ability. It’s a great privilege to be part of a club like United and I'm keen to do my best and show what I can do.”

OFFICIAL: Barcelona Gives Thiago Contract Extension Through 2015

A statement on Barcelona's official website reads: "Thiago Alcantara has improved and extended his contract with the Club for two more seasons, until 30th June 2015. The buyout clause will be 90 million Euros."

The move comes just days after the Spain U-21 international said he had no desire to leave la Blaugrana. His original contract was set to expire in 2013.

Barcelona Spokesman Confirms Definitive Offer For Alexis Sanchez

A Barcelona spokesperson has confirmed the club has made a final offer to Udinese for Alexis Sanchez. Speaking to EFE, the spokesperson told the Spanish news agency: "We are waiting for a response from Udinese. Barcelona made a definitive offer for the player and we will not change the parameters indicated."

Report: Sandro Rosell To Visit Udinese's Alexis Sanchez Before Copa America

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is reportedly set to confirm the signing of Udinese striker Alexis Sanchez in Argentina, taking advantage of an invitation to the opening ceremony of the Copa America on Friday.

Triunfo and La Tercera report that, following Chile's refusal to let Sanchez leave the national team camp to complete a $40 million transfer, Rosell will now travel to Argentina to secure Sanchez' signature.

Chilean coach Claudio Borghi flatly ruled out any prospect of his star traveling to Barcelona to meet with officials. "Alexis cannot now leave. The deadline was Sunday," he told local press earlier in the week.

Report: Real Madrid Will Not Offer More Than $15 Million And A Player For Fabio Coentrao

Spanish newspaper Marca is reporting Real Madrid will not offer more than $15 million and a player to sign Benfica left-back Fabio Coentrao. The Portugal international has been linked with a switch to Real Madrid since the end of the season, but the two clubs have so far failed to come to an understanding regarding the transfer fee. Coentrao has a contract with Benfica until 2016.

Report: Sanchez Deal Hits Jeffren Snag

Barcelona's bid to sign Alexis Sanchez has hit a snag following the news that Jeffren Suarez has no intention of moving to Udinese. Jeffren, 23, was included in Barcelona's "definitive offer" for the Chile international, which is reportedly worth as much as 40 million euros in total.

“My son wants to play for Barcelona, or at most stay in La Liga or go to the Premier League,” Efren Suarez told Rac1.

“He does not want to join Udinese.”

Report: Barcelona Want Fabregas & Sanchez Signed By Tuesday

Reports coming out of Spain on Saturday suggested Barcelona reportedly want to complete the signings of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez by Tuesday.

The reports indicate the club wants to complete the signing of Fabregas before he returns to pre-season training with Arsenal on Tuesday. Barcelona also is trying to complete a deal for Sanchez before he plays for his country in Monday night's Copa America game against Mexico.

Report: Barcelona Meet With Udinese To Hash Out Deal Over Alexis Sanchez

Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu met with Gino Pozzo, son of Udinese owner Giampaolo. Both men discussed the finer details of the move, specifically how Barcelona expects to pay the $40 million required to sign Sanchez.

It is thought that Barcelona want to pay $27 million up front, with the remaining $13 million coming through bonuses. However, Udinese isn't keen on accepting performance-related bonuses in the event Sanchez fails to live up to expectations.