***European Soccer Thread***

Maicon Returns To Inter After Knee Surgery

Inter Milan has confirmed on their official website that Maicon returned to the club's training ground on Saturday after spending the past few weeks in Brazil. Maicon underwent arthroscopic surgery on the medial meniscus of his right knee on August 22.

It is not yet known exactly how long it will take for Maicon to be fully recovered.

Carlos Tevez Reveals "Personal Crisis" With Depression & Weight Gain This Summer

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has revealed he battled depression and problems with his weight this summer as well as speculation over his future.

"I'm not the s*** that they say I am. I had a personal crisis this summer," he told the People. I put on five or six kilos and had to check myself into a clinic. I was depressed and so I ate and ate. Only my family and my friends know this."

Tevez tried to leave City this summer after claiming he needed to be closer to his family, but a move to Brazilian club Corinthians was shot down with no other clubs coming close to City's asking price.

Serie A Strike Ends With Temporary Deal

The Serie A strike ended on Monday after the Italian players' association (AIC) and league (Lega Serie A) signed a temporary collective contract, clearing the way for the season to start this weekend. The new contract expires in June, whereas deals usually last three years.

President of the Lega Serie A, Maurizio Beretta, told reporters: "There was no point in behaving in this way as the clubs have gained important advantages from this new deal. It is something that is innovative."

AIC chief Damiano Tommasi said the reason behind progress was due to the players.

"If the clubs have gained an advantage it means we will have less to talk about when it comes to renewing the contract. The footballers should be praised for having had the good sense to accept [the new proposals]."