Huskers Building on '09 success

Keep dreaming. Pelini defenses don't have a 'sliding back' issue and never have, unless you mean the relative backward progress of going from first or third to tenth or thirteenth.

You don't replace a player like Suh, but you can change your schemes to plug the hole. When Bo was hired the excitement was that he ran an attacking defense that was blitz and interception heavy. Last season we rarely blitzed because we rarely needed to. Our front four was completely dominant with Suh in the lead. We're still going to have a fantastic line and a premier secondary. Will the defense be better? Probably not, but our schedule is weaker and all the major Big XII QBs are gone. Will it slide into irrelevance? Hardly.

Keep dreaming. Pelini defenses don't have a 'sliding back' issue and never have, unless you mean the relative backward progress of going from first or third to tenth or thirteenth.

You don't replace a player like Suh, but you can change your schemes to plug the hole. When Bo was hired the excitement was that he ran an attacking defense that was blitz and interception heavy. Last season we rarely blitzed because we rarely needed to. Our front four was completely dominant with Suh in the lead. We're still going to have a fantastic line and a premier secondary. Will the defense be better? Probably not, but our schedule is weaker and all the major Big XII QBs are gone. Will it slide into irrelevance? Hardly.

i think there is still a strong perception that when Nebraska slipped into mediocrity, it was for a permanent stay. we still have a long ways to gain national respect and convince people the nebraska is, indeed, back and here to stay.

whatever though, i mean who cares what they think, and i don't even blame. nebraska has has some tough years, we are a small state (which may indicate not a ton of funding), and the football sands of power shift so quickly. i refuse to believe that miami or fsu will ever return to prominence, and they have just has good of chances, if not better, as us. and i will always believe kansas won't be able to rise above mediocrity for the same reasons many probably believe we will not.

but, i like being (as bush would have said) misunderestimated.