probably will get bad reps for this but

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

Penn St. - 357 wins 20 years NOT in the Big Can't Count - they were independent with a schedule much weaker than Notre Dumb most years

3 of the Top 5 teams are from the Big 10.

Well I would be fat and lazy if I played Indiana, Northwestern, Perdon't, Illinois, Mich St, Minnesota and most years Iowa all the time

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

Penn St. - 357 wins 20 years NOT in the Big Can't Count - they were independent with a schedule much weaker than Notre Dumb most years

Well I would be fat and lazy if I played Indiana, Northwestern, Perdon't, Illinois, Mich St, Minnesota and most years Iowa all the time

So you're saying that playing against Iowa St., Mizzou, Kansas St., Kansas, Oklahoma St. and Colorado was that much tougher during the Big 8 years?

• Fire 1

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

So you're saying that playing against Iowa St., Mizzou, Kansas St., Kansas, Oklahoma St. and Colorado was that much tougher during the Big 8 years?

It would be interesting to compare the cumulative wins for the basement teams over that span. I would say NU + OU = Mich + OSU, but PSU not being in a conference for half the time screws comparisons. CU did finish third in the country in 1971 (and 3rd in the conference, BTW) and won a MNC. I'm not thinking any of those 7 did anything like that. And for 15 years, the Big 12 has had a significant upgrade with Texas

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

It would be interesting to compare the cumulative wins for the basement teams over that span. I would say NU + OU = Mich + OSU, but PSU not being in a conference for half the time screws comparisons. CU did finish third in the country in 1971 (and 3rd in the conference, BTW) and won a MNC. I'm not thinking any of those 7 did anything like that. And for 15 years, the Big 12 has had a significant upgrade with Texas

But I'm purposely not counting the Big 12 in all this since the larger portions of those wins are from the Big 8 era.

I'll see what I can come up with because I'm curious to see what those other schools not named NU, OU, OSU, UM did during that era.

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

But I'm purposely not counting the Big 12 in all this since the larger portions of those wins are from the Big 8 era.

I'll see what I can come up with because I'm curious to see what those other schools not named NU, OU, OSU, UM did during that era.

when looking at history, a win is a win. no one looks at bobby bowden and says, "well bobby was never in a top three conference, so his wins don't count".

edit: what i am saying is I agree with nexus.

Well here it is. Total wins by each team from 1970-2009. The list doesn't include Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Penn St.

Colorado - 262

Iowa - 248

Michigan St. - 236

Oklahoma St. - 234

Mizzou - 217

Kansas St. - 214

Purdue - 214

Minnesota - 198

Illini - 196

Kansas - 195

Iowa St. - 185

Indiana - 170

Northwestern - 150

Big 8 (6 teams) = 1307

Big 10 (7 teams) = 1412

Well here it is. Total wins by each team from 1970-2009. The list doesn't include Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Penn St.

Big 8 (6 teams) = 1307

Big 10 (7 teams) = 1412

Big 8 (6 teams) = 1307 / 6 = 217.8 wins per team

Big 10 (7 teams) = 1412 / 7 = 201.7 wins per team

I think the misconception here is that some of you think that the Big Big 10 is only going to looking to expand by 1 school.

I have to agree with the few folks out there, the Big 10 will take more than one and we are going to see a pretty big conference shake up for more than 1 conference in College Football.

I just don't see the case for adding more than one school to the Big10. With 12 schools the Big10 gets the added revenue of a conference championship game. However, all the TV revenue is split 12 ways (the Big10 splits $$$ evenly). So a case can be made that although the pot is being split more ways, there's the added revenue from a championship game.

What is the reasoning behind adding additional teams beyond 12? Unless the Big10 gains a significant TV market like Texas and aTm (and they are staying in the Big12), the dilution of revenue split 14 or 16 ways won't make up for any added revenue gained from new TV markets. I just don't see the money being there for anything beyond 12 teams. Not to mention the scheduling difficulties for football in a 14 or 16 team conference. It doesn't add up.

I think the misconception here is that some of you think that the Big Big 10 is only going to looking to expand by 1 school.

I have to agree with the few folks out there, the Big 10 will take more than one and we are going to see a pretty big conference shake up for more than 1 conference in College Football.

I just don't see the case for adding more than one school to the Big10. With 12 schools the Big10 gets the added revenue of a conference championship game. However, all the TV revenue is split 12 ways (the Big10 splits $$$ evenly). So a case can be made that although the pot is being split more ways, there's the added revenue from a championship game.

What is the reasoning behind adding additional teams beyond 12? Unless the Big10 gains a significant TV market like Texas and aTm (and they are staying in the Big12), the dilution of revenue split 14 or 16 ways won't make up for any added revenue gained from new TV markets. I just don't see the money being there for anything beyond 12 teams. Not to mention the scheduling difficulties for football in a 14 or 16 team conference. It doesn't add up.

every team has their own fanbase and market.