Do NOT call lists

Just got this emailed to me.

I called it, then had to hang up in order to see what my phone number is (I never call myself because I screen my calls and don't even answer when I know it's me).

So if you call, make sure you know your number (I figured they could use their own caller ID, since they keep saying you must use the phone you plan on having blocked from telemarketers.

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

REMINDER...all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies

and you will start to receive sales calls.

...YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time...

It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone

number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON...

It takes about 20 seconds.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

From the National Do Not Call registry web site:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm

Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?

Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

It doesn't hurt to register your cell phone, but not because something is changing this month, according to the FTC. You can also register through their web site if you don't want to call. That phone number is legit.

It's really just a scam to help the Black Helicopters find you. Don't do it. :ahhhhhhhh

Dang!

I had a feeling I should've checked it out more better before I posted..I used to have that snoops site favorited for almost every email my Sister or Mother-in-law forwarded to me.

This one came from a co-worker that likes to climb rocks, so I thought it HAD to be good.

I just tried to hook up my new Magic Jack tonight too, so I'll probably never know where the Black Helicopters' real source is.

BTW..Anyone have a Magic Jack?

Aren't you sposed to get a dialtone?

I tried dialing my dear old Mom back in Lincoln..I guess it rang but neither of us could hear each other.

You should check any email that asks you to forward it to your friends/family through a place like snopes.com. 99.37% of them are scams.

Speaking of scams..Where'd that thread that you playoff mongers evolved into an argument about my fav. sport go to?

I kid..I kid.. (I'll find it unless it got really heated and deleted).

Edit:

Wait a minute..

99.37 %?

I'm honored :worship