What I would do differently...

So when I start one of these posts, the first thing I always go to is the history of the uniform. You Huskers don't play around, and I appreciate it. A simple google search led me here.

Let me just say this. With the exception of 2002, and it is a LARGE exception, the Huskers have always had beautiful uniforms.

Wow.

The 'skers current uniforms are some of my favorite in college football. I love the fact that they don't wear solid colored uniforms, and when they rarely do, it's all white. I really LOVE the current uniforms, but since this is titled 'What I Would Do Differently,' I have to change it, it's kinda the rule.

So let's go back to the days of Johnny Rogers.

Note that he has no shoulder stripes since the backs wore tear-away jerseys.

So, keep the current helmets, because it won't get better than that. Keep the current pants, because it doesn't get better than that. So now, the jersey...

If some of you guys have used it before, you'd know already, but I used TeamBuilder for use with EA Sports' NCAA Fooball 2010. That also means that if you like this uniform, you can download it for use in the game.

Since you have 2 helmet options, I went with a different take on the '61-'65 helmets that were also worn this past year for the 300th sellout. I added the red stripe to it, and red facemask.

Also, the alternate home uniform is the current home uniform, and the alternate away uniform is the current away uniform, because like I said earlier, you can't go wrong with the current uniforms.

Hope you enjoy, and there's not a bit of black. ;)

• Fire 3

• 4 months later...

Cant get rid of the N on the side IMO.

I agree, it just gives you two helmet options so I decided to go with a "modernized" version of the throwback helmets from last year.

Since there is a second option, you should have done the smart move and made the helmets a hot magenta. Pink has been shown to lower the aggression of people viewing it. In Iowa, they paint the entire visitor's locker room pink for this reason.