Aliens

I saw something on the history channel a couple weeks ago that seemed pretty interesting. It was a theory that human beings are alien offspring. They theorized that we crossbred with aliens, and that's why there was such a huge jump in our technological advances during that time. They then used this to explain the pyramids and other things.

One of my friends said he read book by the guy that did the majority of pioneering research on fiber-optics. In that book, supposedly, the guy claimed fiber-optics were reverse-engineered from alien technology.

I guess my intentions for this board are for it to be a sharing of alien theories, and opinions. I'm not saying I, personally, believe in aliens. I'm just saying that they interest me. I'd like to hear what you've got.

I want to hear an abduction story.

There's a lot of space out there in uh, space for us to be all alone. That's about all I believe. Most alien encounters always have some pieces missing that make it seem made up. But, most people that have the encounters describe the aliens in a similar way. Coincidence? Maybe.... maybe not.

Here's more on the first story I was talking about. It's callsed Anunnaki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be a theory on the Anunnaki, but it could just be listed as a thought because I'm not an expert by any means on ancient history. If you're unfamiliar with the Anunnaki, they are pretty much the original Sumerian version of the Christian God, in which the Bible was twisted around to rid itself of the Anunnaki in place of one God. They have to do with the whole creation of man theory in which all the old Sumerian texts refer to them. They are also referred to as the Nephilim. Nobody knows where the Anunnaki came from and who they truly were. I see a little more explanation may be necessary here so I'll keep it brief and save the full Anunnaki story for another article.

Anunnaki in Ancient History

Basically, the Anunnaki have been said by some - most famously Zecharia Sitchin - to be extraterrestrial beings who came down to earth for a variety of reasons. They then took humans and made them smart enough to become slaves. After thousands of years, there was a vote to let the humans die by flood. Not all of the Anunnaki agreed and some were responsible for giving Utnapishtim forewarning of the coming flood. He built an ark and loaded it with his family and some animals for food. The flood in question happened in the Mesopotamian area (modern-day Iraq) sometime around 4000 B.C. This was a centralized flood in the Persian Gulf region and not the one around 10,500 B.C. at the end of the last ice age. The compilers of the Bible changed Utnapishtim to Noah, who actually didn't live until about 2000 years later.

The Anunnaki were credited with cross-breeding themselves and early humans to create modern day homo-sapiens-sapiens. They are said to come from the sky in their aircrafts, and possibly come from another world. The ancient texts speak a lot about the Anunnaki, who seemed to have exchanged their wisdom for being treated like royalty. That should give you the basics on the origin of the Anunnaki. There's thousands of Sumerian texts referring to them so they have been extensively studied over the last century.

The Problem With Researchers' Views

I tend to notice that when reading up on a certain subject, you read the same things over and over again with little bits added to the authors viewpoint here and there. Sometimes the entire theory is completely different, yet you're still reading the same thing. It's when you branch off into other areas that you start noticing similarities between all the different mysteries. This website is very broad in the range of material, and yet so often I'm not sure where to put the articles. This could easily have went into the Aliens section, for instance. My point is that with what I've read by the ancient history buffs, none of them seem to mention Atlantis. Again, you're dealing with people who shun the vary name Atlantis and don't tend to give this theory any thought.

Maybe once or twice a year I'll pick up another book dealing with the Anunnaki. I still find almost no mention of Atlantis, yet these researchers can so easily point out that these extraterrestrials are from another planet that orbits the sun every 3600 years. I'm not saying there isn't one. The ancient texts do speak of strange things such as other planets and people coming down from space, but if we look a little closer to other unknown history we see tales of another ancient civilization with airplanes and other advanced technology - Atlantis!

Anunnaki Crossovers?

When reading through completely different mystery topics, you start to see things overlap. In this case, past-life regressions on Atlantis, individual Atlantis studies and tales of other ancient civilizations seem to fit together in some way with the anunnaki texts. Sure some of this may sound absurd to some from the start, but so does a planet in our solar system beyond Pluto that's capable of sustaining life - they're too far from the sun for heat! I think so many researchers are hypocrites for the fact that they will give crazy theories, try to convince the public to back them up, and then scoff at "unbelievable" beliefs of others. When dealing with the unknown, you must always keep an open mind and accept suggestions of others or you're nothing more than the "by-the-book" scientists you're criticize. Researching means looking for information from many points of view. If you're already discussing something controversial, what's another controversial viewpoint but someone else to back you up.

Were the Anunnaki from Atlantis?

So here it is. Atlantis has been said to possess technology as great as ours is today. They were supposed to have airplanes as well. If you look at the ancient scripts from India, you'll see that they have tales of airplanes and other flying ships as well. Again, there are thousands of references to air travel. It goes so far as to actually give diagrams and detailed instructions on how to build them and some scientists have agreed that these "vimanas" would indeed have a chance of flying. The knowledge of air travel may even be found in the ancient Americas where drawings and sculptures of airplane-like objects have been found.

When the Anunnaki talk about coming down from "heaven" or from "up-high", how do we really know they're talking about space, and not just landing their airplanes. The Sumerian scripts give an example of these flying ships as having some sort of wheels that retract after take-off and pop back out when landing. Sound familiar? The texts also tell of rocket-fire and rockets resembling the rockets of today. I don't recall many UFO pictures resembling NASA rocketships! Why the hell would highly advanced extraterrestrial beings still be using wheels as landing gear?

There is a lot of debate when it comes to interpreting the old languages. The same word can have 10 different meanings depending on who's telling you the definition. I'm in Canada, and when we say we're going to Florida, we say we're "going down" south. Perhaps someone may find something along this line in the translations. Of course, this could somehow be explained as Atlantis "going down" into the ocean as it sank. This is pure speculation on my part, but it is possible and I'm not sure if anyone has even considered this.

Did Edgar Cayce Mention the Anunnaki?

A lot of what we know about Atlantis is thanks to Edgar Cayce. There are others who have contributed whether psychically or historically, but Cayce's readings do tell a lot about Atlantis. In his readings, he basically refers to a couple of opposing sides - one known as the children of The Law of One and those known as the sons of Belial. Belial is what concerns us here. In the Cayce readings, Belial and Baalilal are used interchangeably. The sons of Belial were known as "the evil side" and were more prone to corruptness and greed. As the Atlantean land went under the sea, the sons of Belial were said to have spread throughout the Americas. They are supposed to be the original Native American Indians. The Indians, of course, are nowhere near the corrupt beings that are referred to so I won't elaborate on that. I've got Indian blood in me also and I'm not corrupt and greedy!

So we're looking at the term Belial and Baalilal. According to the Sumerian text, Baal is said to be the grandson of Jehovah, the one and only Christian God. Baal means lord or master. In Revelations there is the doctrine of Balaam. Then there's Baalzebub, better known as Beelzebub. In Jewish texts, terms are used such as son of Belial and man of Belial. You also have the giant structures at Baalbek. All these stem from the name Belial, which Cayce spoke of in his readings. He had no real knowledge of ancient scripts other than his Bible, and the Sumerian texts were only just being translated and open to the public in the later years of his life. His talk of those of the Law of Belial could very well be the same as the Sumerian god/teacher Baal.

Description of the Anunnaki

Another similarity I've come across is that of the description of the Anunnaki. They are pretty much humans with beards. Some statues show larger than normal eyes, but there is nothing else associating them with an extraterrestrial look such as the grey aliens so commonly portrayed today. They had beards. When you look at ancient legends of other cultures, there are many tales of visitors to the lands by white people with beards. They are often described as being covered in fish scales - which could easily be a description of chain-link armour by someone who's never seen it before. With the Native Americans, the coming of Columbus was thought to be the return of one of these beings. They thought the crew were the fish-men from across the sea who had come back after thousands of years. These teachers with beards were said to come from a faraway land to educate the uncivilized. This was not specific to the Americas but throughout most of the world. These bearded fish-men unselfishly taught the peoples throughout the lands how to become a civilized society. They taught them reading, writing, mathematics, crop cultivation, farming, and all the other things necessary to become a "modernized" society. This can be said of the Anunnaki as well.

In closing, I'd like to state that I believe there to be a good chance that the Anunnaki were nothing more than Atlanteans who were somehow out to help the primitive cultures of the earth. They can be thought of as some sort of ancient missionaries. Perhaps they were the survivors of the sinking of Atlantis and had nowhere to go. They drifted off to other lands and paid their stay by teaching, which in turn was a benefit for the future of man-kind. The official history of Atlantis may be lost, but by the deeds of the anunnaki we are now flying crafts to Mars rather than figuring out what an alphabet is.

Pino's Hypothesis of the Anunnaki

As stated at the beginning, this is only a theory I've been pondering in my head. I thought I'd share it and who knows, maybe I'm on to something here. Maybe it's already been researched and I've just missed it. If I find any more similarities between Atlantis and the Anunnaki in the studies to come, I'll be sure to add them here. If any author just happens to see my theory, make sure you send them back to The Astral World. :) Side note: I see Annunaki written more often than Anunnaki. From what I've read, it's Anunnaki with the single "N" first. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theastralworld.com/ancient-mysteries/anunnaki-theory.php

Oh, another story that I heard on the history channel was about the manna the Hebrews received. It is thought that aliens actually provided this sustenance via some sort of manna machine. The supposed blueprints are in the old testament where, I forget who it was, but he took what amounts to like 20 pages of measurements in the Bible. If you've ever tried to read through it, you know what they're talking about right away. Anyhow, there are a lot of reasons, but one is that in the Hebrew word used is "nephilim" which means fallen ones. I'll try to find some background for that somewhere.

I used to read books and books and books about this stuff, back in the days before the Internet. I have some theories I'll be happy to pass along when I have time (I'm going AFK here PDQ) a little later.

EDIT - I most definitely believe in aliens... at least, that aliens are "out there." Whether they've come here or not is another question.

A physicist once summed this whole issue up quite nicely. Paraphrased: "Perhaps we are alone in the universe. Or perhaps we aren't." Both options are mind boggling.

Aliens are one of the more interesting and most abused quasi-supernatural topics out there. Essentially we have the mechanisms in abiogenesis and evolutionary biology to explain how they could arise, and a significantly large enough universe to perhaps even expect them to exist. But of course we're still working out the details of our own evolution, and as with anything when you're dealing with a single data point (earth), coming to a conclusion about the likelihood of alien life is difficult. As to abduction stories and alleged eye witness accounts, I give them little credence. Many of these 'memories' are 'recovered' in 'hypnotic therapy', which in real psychiatry means planted by the therapist's suggestion, and therefore useless.

Find me a spaceship, or an undoctored, clear photograph of some craft corroborated by different detection technology on top of eye witness testimony. You can't summarily dismiss all UFO or Abduction testimony out of hand, but to date nothing I'm aware of even approaches what would warrant credulity from the scientific community.

Oh, another story that I heard on the history channel was about the manna the Hebrews received. It is thought that aliens actually provided this sustenance via some sort of manna machine.

Except the Exodus event in which the manna story is supposed to have happened is completely unsupported by archaeology and is almost certainly a fabrication of post-Davidic Jews. Israel's actual history is quite a stretch from what's represented in the Bible. Even Jewish scholars of all people have been forced to admit this.

But back to topic. Carl Sagan and Michael Shermer both have quite a bit of good material on the alien phenomena. Fun reads.

Except the Exodus event in which the manna story is supposed to have happened is completely unsupported by archaeology and is almost certainly a fabrication of post-Davidic Jews. Israel's actual history is quite a stretch from what's represented in the Bible. Even Jewish scholars of all people have been forced to admit this.

But back to topic. Carl Sagan and Michael Shermer both have quite a bit of good material on the alien phenomena. Fun reads.

That's how I used to feel back when I was in like 4th grade and was an avid Bible reader. I couldn't fathom it. When you theorize something being more metaphorical like this, though, I think it becomes much more feasible. Of course, it's hard to fathom anything supernatural like this. What do you mean by the italicized part? I know there are, undoubtedly, fabrications in the Bible, but some if it can be explained by theories like this and, hence, may not be such a stretch.

EDIT: btw, I didn't mean that 4th grade part to be an insult or anything. I consider your ideas to be very similar to mine. I was just saying that I was a big time Bible reader back then. Also, I should say I like the quote you gave in the introduction. It's seems extremely fitting.

That's how I used to feel back when I was in like 4th grade and was an avid Bible reader. I couldn't fathom it. When you theorize something being more metaphorical like this, though, I think it becomes much more feasible. Of course, it's hard to fathom anything supernatural like this. What do you mean by the italicized part? I know there are, undoubtedly, fabrications in the Bible, but some if it can be explained by theories like this and, hence, may not be such a stretch.

EDIT: btw, I didn't mean that 4th grade part to be an insult or anything. I consider your ideas to be very similar to mine. I was just saying that I was a big time Bible reader back then. Also, I should say I like the quote you gave in the introduction. It's seems extremely fitting.

I'll keep it short to not derail the thread––we're talking about aliens dammit!––but from all the research I've done on the Old Testament, Canaan/Israel, Sumerian, Pre-Sumerian, Persian, and Egyptian literature, the idea that the Israelites were enslaved to the tune of two million people who then left Egypt under the banner of an Hebrew-Egyptian prince called Moses and subsequently conquered all the Canaanite tribes under the command of Joshua is, to put it generously, revisionist history. I believe PBS has a lengthy program on this subject (but I can't remember if it's the same one that was on the Documentary Hypothesis). Anyhow, evidence of a mass migration in the millions is non-existant and seems to contradict known facts about the Egyptian kingdom during the time period is supposedly happen. Of course you have to understand this in the context of ancient writings, where there is no sharp division between fact and fiction, and when you're dealing with an overwhelmingly illiterate population steeped in oral as opposed to written tradition, stories and legends become a national heritage even if not entirely factual.

There's a lot of space out there in uh, space for us to be all alone. That's about all I believe. Most alien encounters always have some pieces missing that make it seem made up. But, most people that have the encounters describe the aliens in a similar way. Coincidence? Maybe.... maybe not.

And they usually abduct poor saps from trailer parks....coincidence? Maybe that's why tornadoes hit trailer parks first.....it's the aliens trying to cover up the evidence.

And they usually abduct poor saps from trailer parks....coincidence? Maybe that's why tornadoes hit trailer parks first.....it's the aliens trying to cover up the evidence.

I don't live in a trailer park!! <_<

:lol:

@Husker_x

It cracks me up the way you write to me as if I'm evil incarnate. It's never my intention to derail a thread, especially one I started. I just wanted to know what your reasoning was. I wanted to see if it was something I hadn't considered yet.

Back to the topic. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can dig up Knapp, but until then:

-------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of the WOW signal? It's a pretty strange story that I had never heard of. Are there any non-alien based ideas as to how this happened?

-------------------------------------------------------

In August 1977, a sky survey conducted with Ohio State University's "Big Ear" radio telescope found what has become known as the 'Wow' signal. Registering an enormous signal strength (60 Janskys in a 10 KHz channel, which is more than 50 thousand times more incoming energy than the minimum signal that would register as a hit for today's Project Phoenix.). The shape of the signal had the characteristic rise and fall expected for its short 72 second lifetime. But a hitch remains: the signal has not been retrieved from other sky surveys, making it more anomaly than confirmable cosmic source. This odd, one-beam behavior could be caused by an alien transmission that simply went off the air during the 3 minutes between beams.

If the putative aliens permanently shut down their transmitter, then there's no chance of ever hearing the Wow signal again. Like a single sighting of the Loch Ness monster, we would never be able to prove what it was. But if the signal is periodic - if, for example, the aliens are using a rotating radio beacon that sweeps the star-studded strata of the Milky Way once every five minutes or every five hours - then we could hope to find it by just looking again.

For the moment, despite the use of the Harvard META SETI system, the Very Large Array (VLA) and the new 26-meter radio telescope in Hobart, Tasmania, Wow has not been detected again.

---------------------------------------------------------

http://aliens.monstr...ries_of_wow.htm

@Husker_x

It cracks me up the way you write to me as if I'm evil incarnate. It's never my intention to derail a thread, especially one I started. I just wanted to know what your reasoning was. I wanted to see if it was something I hadn't considered yet.

Uhhh... evil incarnate? Not even mildly irritating, dude. My only point in mentioning the scholarship on the exodus thing was that the entire premise of the history channel's take on the manna story has gaping holes in it. And since we're not discussing biblical literalism or historicity, I want to answer your question but not change the trajectory of a more interesting discussion about aliens.