Scouting South Dakota State

I found a video of them on youtube.. They look tough for their level, but will not be a problem for us obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISfelxA8DN4

they are pretty tough. played minnesota well last year, probably should have won if they could score an offensive td. They've beaten NDSU, The last two years and they're always good. But i assure that they've never played anywhere like Memorial stadium. This is probably the only game i can't really cheer for my jacks but if the pull off a huge up against the huskers i'd be goin pretty crazy for em. I'd also be heart broken for my huskers though.

I found a video of them on youtube.. They look tough for their level, but will not be a problem for us obviously.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ISfelxA8DN4

they are pretty tough. played minnesota well last year, probably should have won if they could score an offensive td. They've beaten NDSU, The last two years and they're always good. But i assure that they've never played anywhere like Memorial stadium. This is probably the only game i can't really cheer for my jacks but if the pull off a huge up against the huskers i'd be goin pretty crazy for em. I'd also be heart broken for my huskers though.

If they had troubles against a Cosgrove-led Minnesota defense then I'd hate to see what kind of trouble they'll have against Pelini's. :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

Huh sounds like our offense from last year.......what somebody had to say it :lol:

MN is terrible...you cannot compare how the Jackrabbits played against the Goophs to seem like they will be tough. NDSU has been down the last couple of years and SDSU is truly only at the beginning of being D-1...they might put up a good fight for a little bit, but the depth chart and experience will take over pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ISfelxA8DN4

If they had troubles against a Cosgrove-led Minnesota defense then I'd hate to see what kind of trouble they'll have against Pelini's. :ahhhhhhhh

+1

Going to be a strange game for me because I'm a hardcore fan of both. My expectation is the Jacks will struggle mightily on offense. The Huskers are going to be rock solid on defense and the Jacks still have a lot of questions to answer. Plus, like others have mentioned, Nebraska is a completely different class of team than the Jacks or anyone that they have played. The Jacks defense should be a pretty strong bunch but if they are on the field a lot it isn't going to be pretty. The Jacks are very solid on special teams.

I think Husker fans will appreciate the SDSU team and its staff. Coach Stieglemier is a quality guy right out of the Tom Osborne mold and his players would follow him into a burning building without any gear on. The team is hard working, smart, and very well-coached.

This is a very big opportunity for SDSU and their fans. Many kids on the team had dreams of playing for the Huskers but didn't quite make the grade. They are very stoked to have the chance to play in Lincoln. I would expect a large turnout of Jackrabbit fans in Lincoln for the game.

Of course, the Husker fan in me certainly isn't excited about seeing South Dakota State on the schedule. The non-conference schedule has to improve to the Pudeerson/Clownihan era. Not that an occasional FCS can't be on the schedule but there needs to be some bigger games to balance it out.

Tough call for me. I may wear something other than red in the stadium for the first time in my life but believe me when I say my love for the Huskers is true!

SUPERBUNNY