Who will be the first HC fired in the Big 12 North

Another 5-6 record and Steve will show Callahan the door.

Gotta disagree with ya there, Angel. My sources say if he wins 5+ games, he is ok. 4, things get hot. 3, they get REAL hot. 2 or less, he's done. He has a large contract, one the U doesn't want to have to pay off...they are apt to give him at least another year if he goes 5-6 or 4-7.

I don't agree he should be kept after another losing season, but I'm not in charge, Pedey is. I think their destiny is tied together, tho.

I dont know about how many wins will keep billy c safe (if it is only 5, then that is a freakin shame, so much for not gravitating towards mediocrity :steam ), but pud and billy c are tied together. If billy c gets the door, so do pud and harvey p. ;) so pud will give billy c every opportunity to fail.

Another 5-6 record and Steve will show Callahan the door.

Gotta disagree with ya there, Angel. My sources say if he wins 5+ games, he is ok. 4, things get hot. 3, they get REAL hot. 2 or less, he's done. He has a large contract, one the U doesn't want to have to pay off...they are apt to give him at least another year if he goes 5-6 or 4-7.

I don't agree he should be kept after another losing season, but I'm not in charge, Pedey is. I think their destiny is tied together, tho.

I dont know about how many wins will keep billy c safe (if it is only 5, then that is a freakin shame, so much for not gravitating towards mediocrity :steam ), but pud and billy c are tied together. If billy c gets the door, so do pud and harvey p. ;) so pud will give billy c every opportunity to fail.

Great point there Former.

I would prefer to think of the positives on this matter. I think our staff will be here for the duration. Mangino, due to a heart attack is likely. Snyder will never be shown the door. He will go away when he is ready. Christ he took the worst team in college football and made them a National Contender. McCarney has done a temendous job with Iowa State. Barnett if he does not do well next year, and he won't as his recruiting is in the barrel, will be gone. Pinkel is the only one in jeopardy due to coaching this year IMHO.

I think if Mizzou falls short of 7 wins then Pinkel is gonna be shown the door. Barnett will probably leave before they fire him(who knows when that will finally be), Mangino has KU more competitive than they have been in years with limited spending, McCarney has a square jaw, and Snyder will probably retire before he gets fired.

I disagree on Kansas, I think they are the real dark horse in the conference. The fat man can coach and will have them ready to play this year, who ever it is. Texas was lucky to get out of Lawarance last year with a win. They will be better this year.

We'll see. There best shots for a confrence win are home with NU and Missouri. NU cant lose to them I hope. Thats out last streak. Missouri could. THey have 5 confrence games on the road and wont win any. Maybe KState? Maybe that one. I won't be surpriseed if they are winless in the confrence.

Pinkel is the only one in trouble this year.

Billy C will get 4 to 5 years to show progress, by that I mean 11-1, BCS bowls by year 4 or 5. I expect sooner maybe year 3 at the earliest. 2007. (disclaimer unless he

Um, Barnett stays since he is an awesome coach that is being watched closely. However, he may be on the grinder next year after poor recruiting. Fat man is a good coach and is actually making Kansas into a team, more so then their southern brother Baylor which stinks worst than a hot trash bag full of poo

My money's on Gary Pinkel, with Bill Callahan running a close second. Not many coaches continually do less with more than Pinkel has demonstrated over his tenure at Mizzou, and given a few more solid recruiting classes I might put Callahan in the same echelon.

Snyder or Mangino are more likely to drop dead than be fired, and ISU is so naturally inclined to suck that the recent semblance of success should have their helmet-wearing, short-bus riding fanbase geeked and amped aout McCarney's job for another decade.

If I were a betting Princess, my money would also be on Pinkel (this year). Calahan will be at the top of the list in 2007. JMO. I don't believe in miracles!

No way Captain Kirk on Cosgrove. If BC goes, the whole staff will go with him. Ain't going to happen anyway because Callahan isn't getting fired anytime soon. BUT, if he did, Cosgrove wouldn't even make the top 250 candidates for head coach.

Poetic justice would be for us to keep sucking, BC and SP get fired. New AD comes in and hires Frank Solich back after taking Ohio to a BCS game. :lol: