Are we going to the Big 10?

Are we going to the Big 10?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just sold on the fact that Osborne saw this coming 15 years ago before the inaugural Big 12 athletic season. A conference cannot build its regime around 1-4 schools as the Big 12 did. And what makes me even more bitter is the fact that they brought 4 schools into the core Big 8, which was growing more and more successful WITHOUT the Tex-asses, and proceeded to take over and get their way. Isnt it funny how when the Big 12 started, Texas and Oklahoma, etc were a step behind the North and now it's more than flipped over a decade later.

Right on, its funny how this happens, new schools join and whine about how their behind. Then within 5 years they are the face of conference and dominating in every sport and getting all the lucky calls. I sure hope Nebraska doesnt come and whine to the Super 16 about how things arent far. From a football standpoint, I think we can come in and pretty dominate from the start.

I been thinking about the Super 16 Conference, I like the idea of playing Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every year. This will be nothing but positive for Nebraska as far as recuriting, national exposure, even if their wasnt a Big 10 Network, they would be on TV any week.

I'm just sold on the fact that Osborne saw this coming 15 years ago before the inaugural Big 12 athletic season. A conference cannot build its regime around 1-4 schools as the Big 12 did. And what makes me even more bitter is the fact that they brought 4 schools into the core Big 8, which was growing more and more successful WITHOUT the Tex-asses, and proceeded to take over and get their way. Isnt it funny how when the Big 12 started, Texas and Oklahoma, etc were a step behind the North and now it's more than flipped over a decade later.

Right on, its funny how this happens, new schools join and whine about how their behind. Then within 5 years they are the face of conference and dominating in every sport and getting all the lucky calls. I sure hope Nebraska doesnt come and whine to the Super 16 about how things arent far. From a football standpoint, I think we can come in and pretty dominate from the start.

I been thinking about the Super 16 Conference, I like the idea of playing Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every year. This will be nothing but positive for Nebraska as far as recuriting, national exposure, even if their wasnt a Big 10 Network, they would be on TV any week.

One thing that you also have to consider is that when the Big 12 was formed from the Big 8, it served Nebraska well to have "cupcakes" in their division, as the SOS didn't matter that much still. Osborne also knew that Oklahoma would have to deal with Texas twice as often as Nebraska would, which would serve Nebraska's purpose, plus they wouldn't have to play Oklahoma every year. I am not sure they thought they would get the reaction from the fans that they did when they ruined the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry, and it was easy to get Oklahoma fans on board to get to play Texas in the Red River Shootout every year, as Texas would be an acceptable replacement for their yearly rivalry game with Nebraska.

• Fire 1

One thing that you also have to consider is that when the Big 12 was formed from the Big 8, it served Nebraska well to have "cupcakes" in their division, as the SOS didn't matter that much still. Osborne also knew that Oklahoma would have to deal with Texas twice as often as Nebraska would, which would serve Nebraska's purpose, plus they wouldn't have to play Oklahoma every year. I am not sure they thought they would get the reaction from the fans that they did when they ruined the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry, and it was easy to get Oklahoma fans on board to get to play Texas in the Red River Shootout every year, as Texas would be an acceptable replacement for their yearly rivalry game with Nebraska.

Good point!! +1

Yeah, except NU wanted a 5-2-1 schedule 5 in division, 2 out of division and 1 rivalry game.

Yeah, except NU wanted a 5-2-1 schedule 5 in division, 2 out of division and 1 rivalry game.

Yes, Nebraska tried to keep the day after Thanksgiving Oklahoma and Nebraska game and Oklahoma said NO. The fact that Colorado and Kansas State in the 90's were a lot better then they are now did'nt make the North easier then the south.

I believe that, for all intents and purposes, unofficial "offers" have been extended to several schools, Nebraska included. The expansion talk has been going on for awhile now and if I were running the Big 10 meetings this week I would want to have somewhat of a feel for things before opening up discussion with the coaches and others. My guess is something will done by midsummer because I don't think anyone wants this to drag on into the season. Beebe is just ticked off because his conference is about to fall apart on his watch. I don't think he would be taking such a hard stance if this weren't a very serious issue. I get the sense that there are quite a few people at Nebraska that want to stick it to Texas.