Notre Dame, Texas, Nebraska

Nexus

I guess I don't understand why Texas wouldn't rather go to the SEC than the Pac-10. Both of them look like a win/win to me for Texas, but going to the SEC appears to be the biggest win.

Because Texas' administration actually cares about academics. The SEC does not.

This is the one and only reason that Texas won't consider the SEC. If it weren't for the academics, the SEC would be a perfect fit for Texas including the fact that one of their oldest rivals is now in that conference.

You're talking about the team whose name will not be mentioned, something about pigs? That's not much of a rivalry. Frankly no one in Austin cares to see them again, and not because of the outcome of any one game.

Oh, and there's one more reason Texas looks down at the SEC. The administration here is convinced that there's real gold in the west, far more $$$$ than it could squeeze out of its share of the current SEC TV contract.

Oh, and there's one more reason Texas looks down at the SEC. The administration here is convinced that there's real gold in the west, far more $$$$ than it could squeeze out of its share of the current SEC TV contract.

FWIW, the SEC TV contract has a clause(s) that allows for amendments if things such as expansion occur. I find it hard to believe that money would be the stopper for the SEC as much as the academic side.