Notre Dame, Texas, Nebraska

Nexus

You guys didn't really think Nebraska was a big fish in all of this didT you?

I don't seem to recall you saying otherwise. Until now.

We don't have a big population. We don't have a big TV market. In most sports, we're not even that good. I was looking at the Big 12 conference webpage to get an idea how we ranked in Big 12 sports. It isn't pretty. We're last in baseball right now. Our mens BBall team finished last. The only sport we finished first in was womens BBall. Then, I look at Texas. They finished or are currently first in baseball, football, softball, and volleyball. I just don't see us being a highly sought after commodity. College football is a big deal, but so is mens college BBall. It almost appears to me that KU would be as hot if not hotter commodity as NU. In the back of my mind, I keep wondering if we're even in the conversation if we rolled the clock back to 2007.

I think we'll eventually sell out and go where the money is at, but I am glad we don't have Pud overseeing this.

You guys didn't really think Nebraska was a big fish in all of this didT you?

I don't seem to recall you saying otherwise. Until now.

We don't have a big population. We don't have a big TV market. In most sports, we're not even that good. I was looking at the Big 12 conference webpage to get an idea how we ranked in Big 12 sports. It isn't pretty. We're last in baseball right now. Our mens BBall team finished last. The only sport we finished first in was womens BBall. Then, I look at Texas. They finished or are currently first in baseball, football, softball, and volleyball. I just don't see us being a highly sought after commodity. College football is a big deal, but so is mens college BBall. It almost appears to me that KU would be as hot if not hotter commodity as NU. In the back of my mind, I keep wondering if we're even in the conversation if we rolled the clock back to 2007.

I think we'll eventually sell out and go where the money is at, but I am glad we don't have Pud overseeing this.

If that's all they were looking at, I'd agree with you, but they're not looking at current standings. They're looking at the organization as a whole, its history, its capability, its potential for future growth. The things you're looking at are extremely superficial, and subject to change on a yearly basis. If we used your criteria, Boise State would seem to be a better candidate for Big 10 expansion, while clearly they are not.

Nebraska commands a national TV audience, we have projected revenue that is at the top of the list for the Big 10 expansion candidates, and our potential to maintain that caliber of success and income that people typically associate with this University are as great or greater than the others. These are things you are ignoring, and you should not, because the sober reality of this situation is being considered by the Big 10, and it does not include last season's conference standings.

• Fire 1

As long as Nebraska gets taken along with Texas, I would love to have both go to the Big 10 along with ND. The thought of Texas and Oklahoma going to an already powerful SEC is frightening. I think if Texas and Nebraska and ND go, the Big 10 would be a great conference. We get the money and we keep the Texas ties. Plus, who doesn't want to see Nebraska and ND play it out on a Saturday afternoon? Just hope Texas doesn't go and leave Nebraska behind.

Big 10 won't give anyone special considerations. That is what makes the conference - the all for one/one for all mentality. There are enough school presidents that would vote against any kind of proposal that was unequal that it just isn't possible imo.

I have to agree here.If the Big 10 is all for one and one for all, why give special considerations?

To be fair, Hondo (The writer of SpartanNation) isn't what I would call a "credible" source.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs

No problem, but yea he is kind of a running joke on the Red Cedar Message Board (the main MSU board). There are many examples of him contradicting himself and stating things that are wrong or very obvious. How they call him a journalist I will never know.

To be fair, Hondo (The writer of SpartanNation) isn't what I would call a "credible" source.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs

No problem, but yea he is kind of a running joke on the Red Cedar Message Board (the main MSU board). There are many examples of him contradicting himself and stating things that are wrong or very obvious. How they call him a journalist I will never know.

Good to know just more reason to be skeptical about these rumors, some times its easy to give these reporters that we aren't familiar with instant credibility. The same way the 810 story a couple of weeks ago got instant credibility those of us who've listened to 810 were hesitant to believe it. In other words good lookin out MState

The automatic BCS-slot deal can't be true, the 10 only has one guaranteed slot and it has to go to the con-champ. Plus the 10 is a teamwork-con, they aren't going to bend over backward to kiss any particular member's ass.

If Texas is a serious candidate then their little brother could well be too. Texas would have a hard time jumping without ATM.

If the rumor about The Big East making a deal to jettison ND to preserve the fulltime con members is true and if they really want Texas in the fold then Neb might have to hope for expansion up to 16 to get an invite. Otherwise we could be working with freaking Beebe to hold the 12 together with a weakened south. I'd say add Utah and BYU or TCU and BYU or Utah.