'Amityville Horror' house for sale

The Amityville Horror house  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AMITYVILLE, N.Y. – The house made famous in the 1979 film "The Amityville Horror" is up for sale in New York — ghosts not included.

The five-bedroom Dutch Colonial went on the market Monday for $1.15 million.

The Oscar-nominated film is based on the story of the Lutz family's brief stay in the house in 1975 after six members of the DeFeo family were shot and killed as they slept in the home. Eldest son Ronald DeFeo Jr. was convicted of the murders.

The crime spawned a book and a series of movies that chronicled various supernatural horrors, including visions of walls oozing slime, moving furniture and a visit from a demonic pig named Jodie. The original film stars James Brolin and Margot Kidder.

Neighbors say gawkers still occasionally come by, mostly on Halloween.

Would you buy this house, considering its 'supernatural' history? The movie creeped me out too much when I was a kid, so I wouldn't buy it. I don't buy into ghosts and whatnot, but I wouldn't buy this house.

I'd probably buy it as a historical attraction deal. Could make some money maybe.

**Edit**

There's a house somewhere in Iowa that has a similar story and it's supposedly haunted up the wazoo. That's not really relevant, but I was thinking about "haunted" houses.

I would not buy it because its not a styled house that I like (I'm more of a ranch styled house guy) but its a nice looking house but its not haunted. I watched the 2005 version of the Amityville Horror and decided to get more info on the house and its past.

After the DeFeo murders there were a couple (Lutz) who bought the house and experienced all of this weird and frightning stuff and decided to leave with only staying their for only a month. The couple who bought the house and still live there to this date haven't experienced anything paranormal.

Everything that the Lutz experienced and said happened was basically debunked by the current owners and police records and when I found out about that I was pretty bummed out.