Wednesday?

Hold up- think about it, if Notre Dame chooses to join the big10, why would they add anymore? I hate ND as much as most, but they are the holy grail(pun intended) when it comes to fan base. Plus, would they want more teams added past themselves?

notre dame wont join unless they're certain there's going to be a seismic shift, and the only way that happens is for the big 10 to invite nebraska. so you can't have notre dame without nebraska.

Once Nebraska and Mizzou join. Then I believe ND will get invited in. Given the stature ND thinks their in, they would love to make the "grand" entrance into the party. By doing that they will grap all the headlines and press. Way to be a "follower" and not a "leader" ND. I hope you finish last in every sport of the Super 16.

Of course, the existing conference members have to vote on all of this.

Wouldnt it be funny if the conference members didnt vote ND in, but NU and Mizzou are voted in.

idk what to think, i know that money is the number one factor in all this, but people are moving out of the rust belt states and heading south, so if we wait it out maybe the big 12 can take advantage of this and get an all conference network (if our commissioner has the balls to stand up to texas!) and we can draw in more money in the future, because you have to look at the future and the future is not as bright for the rust belt states as it is for the south, idk im probably way off here but i think that in ten years the big 12 will be a better fit athletically and financially for the huskers

idk what to think, i know that money is the number one factor in all this, but people are moving out of the rust belt states and heading south, so if we wait it out maybe the big 12 can take advantage of this and get an all conference network (if our commissioner has the balls to stand up to texas!) and we can draw in more money in the future, because you have to look at the future and the future is not as bright for the rust belt states as it is for the south, idk im probably way off here but i think that in ten years the big 12 will be a better fit athletically and financially for the huskers

I really don't understand all this about the exodus from the rust belt. Are people moving out? Yep, sure looks that way... But if you set academics aside and are looking at the athletic side of the money...

First thing, the large percentage of what I'm reading on these many threads is number of TV sets turned to the Big X Network, on game day.

Ok, here is the part I don't get.. If your a born and bred Husker, Hawkeye, Buckeye(you get the picture). And let's say, economic circumstances force you to move to Arizona. Are you all of the sudden gonna be a Sun Devil??? I know I for one would still be wearing Husker shirts daily and anticipating football Saturday.

Now on top of that here is a scenario I have seen first hand. I have 2 real good friends one now lives in Houston and the other lives in Phoenix. I have been to both of their houses for Big Red Football. Not only are they avid Husker fans but BOTH have recruited non-Nebraskan football fanatics. I was in Houston for the Virginia Tech game and my buddy had 18 people over to the game. Including he and I, four people had Nebraska ties, most of the rest were Houston natives. I kinda figured most of these folks were good actors and just there for the party.(bro throws a good party, he's a just bring yourself kinda fan). Well I was totally wrong these folks knew the players, the coaches, the fight song, REAL FANS. At the end they were finger nail biting, stand up screamin', pacin' true blue Husker fans. no actin' no way.

So the way I see it we would be really screwin' Texas and USC with a move to the Big X if even 1/2 of the Wolverine and Nittany Lion fans are as rabid as the Proud Big Red fans... Quite a rant huh??? :nanalama To the FANS. :worship :worship

That would be perfect! Big Ten will then be 14. We can pick up Rutgers and Syracuse, Pitt or WVU later (or maybe ISU but doubtful). With ND we would not really want any other really strong teams, just 2 pretty good ones that will balance us out. Now we can end up with superconferences well on their way and the hard part done with. Our first matchup with Penn St and Ohio St I hope we knock them in the teeth and send a nice statement that we plan to be at the top! GO BIG RED!

1) As for me, I'm not really keen on any of the Big lEast schools.

2) I like the aggressive nature for on the field action. My Buckeyes always have a sound, hard-hitting defense. I imagine the game would be a "bring it" type.