Wednesday?

That would be perfect! Big Ten will then be 14. We can pick up Rutgers and Syracuse, Pitt or WVU later (or maybe ISU but doubtful). With ND we would not really want any other really strong teams, just 2 pretty good ones that will balance us out. Now we can end up with superconferences well on their way and the hard part done with. Our first matchup with Penn St and Ohio St I hope we knock them in the teeth and send a nice statement that we plan to be at the top! GO BIG RED!

I don't know how many of you browse the HI free board, but Tim_may64 has proven over and over again that he has connections and what he posts is as gold as it gets (for anonymous message board posts anyway). Here is a post from him this morning:

"I agree with some of that. This is not about Texas or the Big 12 for Nebraska. This is about a better oppurtunity for us in the Big 10. Osborne and Perlman are not rolling the dice on our future because of some personal grudge against Texas. The "reasons" given (Primarily by the Texas media) are not the reality of the situation.

What will probably come out at some point is that Texas was our partner in this process just a few weeks ago. In fact it was the Texas flirting with other conferences that put our efforts into high gear. When it came out that Texas was shopping around it became clear to us that the future of the Big 12 was on a shaky foundation.

Texas of course was not allowed to take Tech to the Big 10 so that seems to have fallen through for the moment. As Dodds said a couple of months ago, Texas is going to do whats best for Texas. As they should. So should every other school. What is best for Texas right now is keeping the Big 12 together. They are pulling out all the stops to do so. What they dont realize is that the ship had already sailed by the time they imposed their "deadline."

It is business, not personal. As for the Big 12 business model, that simply isnt a huge issue. A big 12 network would make the Big 12 more attractive to NU, but not enough to turn down the Big 10. Moving the championship game to Dallas is an issue but not one that would cause Nebraska to leave the league. Nobody cares about partial qualifiers anymore, another red herring.

No one can really blame Texas for closing down the Big 12 after we leave. Its not like they dont have calculators in Austin."

I don't know how many of you browse the HI free board, but Tim_may64 has proven over and over again that he has connections and what he posts is as gold as it gets (for anonymous message board posts anyway). Here is a post from him this morning:

"I agree with some of that. This is not about Texas or the Big 12 for Nebraska. This is about a better oppurtunity for us in the Big 10. Osborne and Perlman are not rolling the dice on our future because of some personal grudge against Texas. The "reasons" given (Primarily by the Texas media) are not the reality of the situation.

What will probably come out at some point is that Texas was our partner in this process just a few weeks ago. In fact it was the Texas flirting with other conferences that put our efforts into high gear. When it came out that Texas was shopping around it became clear to us that the future of the Big 12 was on a shaky foundation.

Texas of course was not allowed to take Tech to the Big 10 so that seems to have fallen through for the moment. As Dodds said a couple of months ago, Texas is going to do whats best for Texas. As they should. So should every other school. What is best for Texas right now is keeping the Big 12 together. They are pulling out all the stops to do so. What they dont realize is that the ship had already sailed by the time they imposed their "deadline."

It is business, not personal. As for the Big 12 business model, that simply isnt a huge issue. A big 12 network would make the Big 12 more attractive to NU, but not enough to turn down the Big 10. Moving the championship game to Dallas is an issue but not one that would cause Nebraska to leave the league. Nobody cares about partial qualifiers anymore, another red herring.

No one can really blame Texas for closing down the Big 12 after we leave. Its not like they dont have calculators in Austin."

This makes perfect sense to me, and actually is what I have been thinking. Leaving the Big 12 has much more to do with better long term stability and academics for Nebraska. As far as long term stability, Texas could sink the conference by leaving at any moment (which I think became obvious to Perlman and Osborne once the expansion talks started). That is not a good position for NU long term. As far as academics, well it has been reported in several articles that a jump to the Big 10 would help Nebraska in this arena. It is not an NU vs Texas fight. It is both universities just trying to do what is best for them long term, just like any large institution would do.

Another from csabataka1 (another reliable poster in the past) - see full thread for reactions:

"Expect an announcement as soon as the next couple days, NU is waiting for the right time to announce. Deals have been made and it has been voted on. The wait might have to do with ND and MU.

This is from a worker within the Athletic Department, one degree of separation from me"

I hope all this is true, just to get all the speculation over with, and to stick it to Texas and Beebe. Hope they enjoy the Pac 10. :laughpound The great thing if all this comes to fruition in the next day or so is that we took the decision away from Texas and forced them to do something whether they really like it or not. There is no way the Big XII survives losing the best two schools out of the north. Lets see how Beebe likes his ultimatum now.

But it is also the best thing that could happen to Nebraska (and Missouri). Financially and academically.

I hope all this is true, just to get all the speculation over with, and to stick it to Texas and Beebe. Hope they enjoy the Pac 10. :laughpound

I really need this to be done, my work is suffering greatly due to this.

Yeah, between this site, ESPN, twitter, etc getting my expansion updates...my days are pretty much shot at work...though people walking by my office must think I am really into my work as I stare wide eyed at my monitor at each new post(s). :LOLtartar

I sure hope this all ends soon...

Frank the Tank's twitter:

Getting lots of tidbits on Nebraska and Missouri already being invited to the Big Ten. No word on Notre Dame or Big East schools.

LINK

The Big 10 needs to make the NU and MU invites official already. Both schools are a great fit in a great conference. ND is going to wait, which is fine. Rutgers is the only other invite they should consider right now but that too could wait a year. NU and MU should move this week. BIG RED will be better than ever! :cheers

Hold up- think about it, if Notre Dame chooses to join the big10, why would they add anymore? I hate ND as much as most, but they are the holy grail(pun intended) when it comes to fan base. Plus, would they want more teams added past themselves?

Hold up- think about it, if Notre Dame chooses to join the big10, why would they add anymore? I hate ND as much as most, but they are the holy grail(pun intended) when it comes to fan base. Plus, would they want more teams added past themselves?

Notre Dame prides itself on it's independence and despite the downturn in the economy, their endowment is still substantial. If everything is status quo, why would they join a conference?

notre dame wont join unless they're certain there's going to be a seismic shift, and the only way that happens is for the big 10 to invite nebraska. so you can't have notre dame without nebraska.