And it shall be called: Farmageddon

Duffman

I'm just saying we aren't going to be playing any of your national championship teams from the 90's, or any of Tom Osborns teams for that matter. If anyone honsetly any of that matters now you are kidding yourself. Both Iowa and Nebby have had solid teams the last 10 years or so, teams that have very similar records. We share a border, we do have a little tradition ourselves. It's going to be one hell of a rivalry, and a lot of fun.

I personally think the last 10 years (which is really all the masses will remember) we have been the better program, but I'd expect a good portion of you would disagree with me. If you come into the B10 expecting a cake walk you are going to be sorely dissapointed. But enough of that, lets get back to this rivalry game thing.

I'm just saying we aren't going to be playing any of your national championship teams from the 90's, or any of Tom Osborns teams for that matter. If anyone honsetly any of that matters now you are kidding yourself. Both Iowa and Nebby have had solid teams the last 10 years or so, teams that have very similar records. We share a border, we do have a little tradition ourselves. It's going to be one hell of a rivalry, and a lot of fun.

I personally think the last 10 years (which is really all the masses will remember) we have been the better program, but I'd expect a good portion of you would disagree with me. If you come into the B10 expecting a cake walk you are going to be sorely dissapointed. But enough of that, lets get back to this rivalry game thing.

Fair enough. I do think it will be fun, too bad Hayden Fry and Co. told Devaney no in the 80s or we would have a series already. IIRC he approached Iowa for a on-going series and they declined.

I'm actually amazed no one has said Wisconsin as a rival (and in no way am I saying that NEB needs a rival in anyways because we don't!), especially since that is like a "Little Nebraska" organization to begin with! It would be like picking on your little brother! I understand Iowa is right next to us but....

Fair enough. I do think it will be fun, too bad Hayden Fry and Co. told Devaney no in the 80s or we would have a series already. IIRC he approached Iowa for a on-going series and they declined.

As you can imagine they tell that story a little differently around here, at least from what I remember. Regardless thats water under the bridge, or over the damn, or whereever the hell the water goes. All I know I'm looking forward to travelling to Lincoln with 20k of my best friends every other year or so.

In the Deed has it correct - Hayden turned it down. However Callaclown returned the favor when both schools had an open date earlier this decade when Missouri backed out on us. That was when we were coming off of one of our best runs in school history and he was trying desperately to salvage his job with an 8 home game slate against patsies.

As you can imagine they tell that story a little differently around here, at least from what I remember. Regardless thats water under the bridge, or over the damn, or whereever the hell the water goes. All I know I'm looking forward to travelling to Lincoln with 20k of my best friends every other year or so.

Guys, quick note, and not trying to be a dick here but...I don't know where or how in the heIl you plan on getting that many tickets at Memorial Stadium but go ahead and try. Since the games are all already sold out except for the 4,000 given to visitors.

Guys, quick note, and not trying to be a dick here but...I don't know where or how in the heIl you plan on getting that many tickets at Memorial Stadium but go ahead and try. Since the games are all already sold out except for the 4,000 given to visitors.

Unless they come to watch NU play in Indianapolis at the CCG on our big screen. :koolaid2:

We don't care. We shall come in our short busses and our motorhomes. We will arrive in old bread delivery trucks, in 1979 Cadillac hearse limos, and in 2010 Chevy pickups. We will come with trunks full of beer, and chips, and hamburgers, and in some cases entire pigs. We shall come to Lincoln and take up your parking spaces. We will run up our flags, set up our tents, fire up our propane heaters (if necessary). We shall set up our big screens, position our sattelite dishes, and we shall watch. We will watch and we will cheer, and most importantly drink beer. We will celebrate our victories and take our lumps gracefully in defeat (and drink more beer). Those most fortunate among us will buy scalped tickets at 4 times face value. The meek will stow away in crammed backseats and try and make a 12 pack of Natty Light last 6 hours. We will come.

• Fire 1

We don't care. We shall come in our short busses and our motorhomes. We will arrive in old bread delivery trucks, in 1979 Cadillac hearse limos, and in 2010 Chevy pickups. We will come with trunks full of beer, and chips, and hamburgers, and in some cases entire pigs. We shall come to Lincoln and take up your parking spaces. We will run up our flags, set up our tents, fire up our propane heaters (if necessary). We shall set up our big screens, position our sattelite dishes, and we shall watch. We will watch and we will cheer, and most importantly drink beer. We will celebrate our victories and take our lumps gracefully in defeat (and drink more beer). Those most fortunate among us will buy scalped tickets at 4 times face value. The meek will stow away in crammed backseats and try and make a 12 pack of Natty Light last 6 hours. We will come.

Well played sir, well played!

:LOLtartar

I plan on getting my tickets by walking into my father in laws house and grabbing them on the way to the game chuckleshuffle