Former Huskers' thoughts on possible move to Big Ten

Nexus

Sporting News' Derek Samson asked former Huskers what they thought about the likely move from the Big 12 to the Big Ten:

"It's kind of different. You don't have Oklahoma that you'll be playing against. Me being from Oklahoma I hate to see that game go away. I grew up in the old Big Eight. It's gonna be different, but it's a great move as far as the university is concerned. You get some bigger games, you've got a stronger conference</span> and you're gonna have more revenue. Now the Big Ten becomes more like the SEC. You look at the SEC and they have six or seven teams that are solid. Now you're gonna have Notre Dame (perhaps), Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Nebraska — you put those names together and that's powerful. It's gonna be a lot of cold games, though."

Mike Minter (1993-96), DB, All-Big 12, 10-year pro with Carolina Panthers

"The move to the Big Ten would be great both in enhanced revenue for Nebraska, but also develop some new rivalries within the Big Ten, with a long history of outstanding football tradition."

Danny Noonan (1983-86), DT, All-American, 12th overall pick in 1987 draft

"It's great because Nebraska is superior to the Big Ten."

Jay Foreman (1995-98), LB, 8-year NFL career

"I'm actually pretty excited about the move. I will miss the rivalries from the old Big Eight days but my fondest memories of those days was our matchup with Oklahoma the day after Thanksgiving. But ever since the Big 12 was formed, the OU rivalry has not been the same since we don't play them every year anymore. I'm looking forward to visiting all the Big Ten cities and watching the Huskers play. I think Nebraska will fit in the Big 10 very well."

Erik Wiegert (1989-91), OL, All-Big Eight

"I think basketball will be more or less a wash. … I grew up a huge Iowa fan and, for football, still am. I wish Nebraska had been in the Big Ten when I was coming out of high school because I would liked to have had theopportunity</span> to compete in all of the Big Ten arenas that I remember growing up."

Bruce Chubick (1990-94), three-year starter, academic</span> All-Big Eight in basketball

LINK

</span>