something we Husker fans will have to learn...

i will admit...i never, ever rooted for mizzou or texas no matter who they played...hell i was even going for alabama in the national title...they are in the sec which i absolutely hate and i still couldn't help but root for them to destroy texas...and the navy thing... :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

OU is the only team i think i ever rooted for in the big 12 on a regular basis...still got love for the sooners

oh yeah...i once rooted for colorado....it was only for them to beat texas....like always they failed

I think that has to more with them being the SEC's bitch for so long now....

Hey beefalo fan (ahahahaaha) the BigTen is SEC's bitch?

Iowa has beat Florida, South Carolina, LSU in bowl games.

Of all schools in the entire country I have to say I really really hate all Florida schools, and LSU.

With Nebraska joining the BigTen the SEC is going to hate going to bowl games from now on.

You'll enjoy being creamed by Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, USC(oh wait), Arizona State and I guess Texas.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now that NE is in the B10 - Go Big Red!

I think that has to more with them being the SEC's bitch for so long now....

Speak for yourself, Michigan OWNS the SEC. As for routing for other B10 teams, that's pretty much true, although when osu played usc last year I kinda hoped for an asteroid. But if you have trouble cheering for a certain team, just remember, you're cheering for the Big10, not that team. Because in the end, it makes us all look better.

Should be easier to root for our new opponents in the Big 10 than it was for me at least in the Big 12. Other than OU I would never root for CU, Misery or K-ST. I always have loved the tradition and the way the Big 10 plays football and the traditional powerhouses in that conference.

I can't wait for 2011, and from what I have heard from Big 10 fans, fans that love outdoor football even in December when a CCG is on the line. They want the wind, cold and snow to be factors in the game, not like the metrosexuals of the big 12 south.

Hopefully, we do get treated better as conference rivals than outsiders because there wasn't much respect paid by the Penn St. fans in 02. I could see them being the new CU

I can only speak for myself, but I've already started rooting for the Huskers against whoever outside of the conference. The Big 10 has, in my experience, been pretty supportive of other B10 teams versus whoever (even the OSU/UM folks have come to begrudgingly, I think, accept PSU as an "adopted brother" in the post-season when it's LSU, Tennessee, etc. we're playing) - and I think all of the games between any of the three of us will always be brutal at this point with three 100k+ stadiums rocking either way (home field advantage is taken to the next level in the B10) that it can only be described as a brotherly rivalry. Hope to see the same from the Huskers - I'm sure with your head coach you'll be ready for the muddy, cold and rain-slicked games where it turns into pound the **** out of each other for 4 quarters in the fall.

I can only speak for myself, but I've already started rooting for the Huskers against whoever outside of the conference. The Big 10 has, in my experience, been pretty supportive of other B10 teams versus whoever (even the OSU/UM folks have come to begrudgingly, I think, accept PSU as an "adopted brother" in the post-season when it's LSU, Tennessee, etc. we're playing) - and I think all of the games between any of the three of us will always be brutal at this point with three 100k+ stadiums rocking either way (home field advantage is taken to the next level in the B10) that it can only be described as a brotherly rivalry. Hope to see the same from the Huskers - I'm sure with your head coach you'll be ready for the muddy, cold and rain-slicked games where it turns into pound the **** out of each other for 4 quarters in the fall.

I'll take it a step further. There are other Big Ten teams that I have favorable opinions of and pull for during the regular season - except when they play the Buckeyes. Even the Big Ten teams that I don't like - with the exception of M*ch*gan - I root for during the bowl season to represent the Big Ten family... Penn State vs. LSU being the best example I can think of.

It always seemed logical to me to support the schools in my conference in their games. I've always rooted for Oklahoma to win every game they play - except when they play us. In OOC and Bowl games, I'm always hoping the teams from my conference win. The better they do, the better my conference looks, and the better my team looks when we win the conference.

Ditto!

This has been my personal stance dating all the way back to the Big 8. Therefore I'll continue doing the same in the Big Ten.

I always supported our former conference and rooted for them during their games....unless the outcome would move Nebraska down the polls. Rooting for CU was hard at times though because of my bad experiences there while attending games. (lets not derail the topic and start a bashing thread though)

I guess its time to start cheering on a new conference. I will have a difficult time cheering on ND though if they come to the Big 10. It just pisses me off to hear the media love fest that surrounds them.

I'll take it a step further. There are other Big Ten teams that I have favorable opinions of and pull for during the regular season - except when they play the Buckeyes. Even the Big Ten teams that I don't like - with the exception of M*ch*gan - I root for during the bowl season to represent the Big Ten family... Penn State vs. LSU being the best example I can think of.

I was on the LSU boards a few weeks before we played them this year in our Bowl game. The trash was taken to an entirely different level. Apparently PSU was going to be lucky to get over the 50 and hold LSU to under 35.

You should have seen the excuses after the fact...apparently the muddy field only affected the LSU players. Yes, that was a sweet win for a lot of reasons.

I despise OSU...but they've had our number the last few years which has made it painful. I count myself forutnate that my senior year included the Thursday night blowout in 1994. I hate to admit this, but I see the Crapeyes winning the Big Ten this year. :facepalm:

I was on the LSU boards a few weeks before we played them this year in our Bowl game. The trash was taken to an entirely different level. Apparently PSU was going to be lucky to get over the 50 and hold LSU to under 35.

You should have seen the excuses after the fact...apparently the muddy field only affected the LSU players. Yes, that was a sweet win for a lot of reasons.

I despise OSU...but they've had our number the last few years which has made it painful. I count myself forutnate that my senior year included the Thursday night blowout in 1994. I hate to admit this, but I see the Crapeyes winning the Big Ten this year. :facepalm:

FWIW, I rooted for State Penn, JoePa, and Clark to win against LSU. I enjoyed the outcome very much. I felt this way in spite of the despicable video with the pelting of two Buckeye fans at State College. Over my life time, I've run into great PSU fans. I've never seen the idiots with my own two eyes; however, I have to admit that seeing that video incited me.

Anyway... I imagine that my Buckeyes will continue the Big Ten Championship streak this year. IF TP comes out the way many are expecting; THEN it may very well be NC or bust.