OU AD feels like a friend died

Why didn't we have a protected crossover game with OU when the Big 12 was formed?

When the con started OU was at a lowpoint and we were the top program in the country. Playing us every season if they didn't have to didn't make sense.

more to the point, they were already destined to be playing texas every year. oklahoma looked at both texas and nebraska circa mid-90s and said, "screw you, huskers: we like our chances better with texas every year!"

they had a choice. to paraphrase the man from the third indiana jones film, "they chose poorly."

so all these tears for broken rivalry are just show. "oh, cornholers!" cry the landgrabbers. "how could you have forsaken your rivals in norman?! how can you turn your back on the magic of our storied histories?!"

pretty freakin' easy considering you all whored yourselves out to texas when the big xii was formed in the beginning. forgive us if we don't take your remorse seriously now.

Or more likely "screw you, huskers: we recruit in texas every year"

Like it or not NU is and was OU's #2 rivalry game. Stop sounding like the Buffalos

Stop sounding like the Buffalos

no need to be mean, man.

recruiting, ease of schedule, location, whatevah: the point is, we became their number #2 rival *BY THEIR CHOICE*. all this "BFF who moved away FOREVERS and ZOMG i'm so gonna miss yous!!!" is all just a load of crapple.

Stop sounding like the Buffalos

no need to be mean, man.

recruiting, ease of schedule, location, whatevah: the point is, we became their number #2 rival *BY THEIR CHOICE*. all this "BFF who moved away FOREVERS and ZOMG i'm so gonna miss yous!!!" is all just a load of crapple.

Maybe it had to do with losing 69-7 to the Huskers in 1997. I'm pretty sure Texass never hurt OU's feeling that bad. So you choose the lesser of two evils.

I understand your frustration, but I do have to ask: if you were to hitch your wagon to someone, would you rather be hitched to Nebraska or Texas? I'm a Nebraska fan, and even I would hitch my wagon to Texas. I think your outcome will be better keeping the Texas connection.

To me, that's like saying I'm gonna get on the Walmart bandwagon. Personally, I'm not against Walmart ... I'm just FOR capitalism and free markets. You can win ... everyone can win ... if things are set up fairly.

The reality is that OK could have won had they sided with us ... both in the short and the long run. Now that they have hitched their wagon ... they are blood brothers and just might be eating the bones rather then the meat ... and they are a great school.

SheepdogMark