How come no one begged CU to stay?

You meant to say, "man, I did not realize CU was so important that Texas would follow them..."

That's because they're not. :rollin

Oh, I thought the Pac 10 wanted them! I guess Tex-as$ is going to take Boisey State's spot in what ever conference they just left.

T_O_B

:nanalama

I really believe that it is the liberal leanings that the academias have - perfect match. They will be sorry once they experience a game in Colorado though...can you see those Stanford higher ups getting beer thrown on them?:LOLtartar

I was at that game, Stanford vs Colorado 1990, great game...

Colorado leaving or stating that they would leave if the Pac 10 offered was probably a big reason that we left. I know for me the only ties I felt to the big 12 were the 7 other big 8 teams. Everyone wants to blame Nebraska, stating that Colorado could have been replaced, but the orignal big 8 would have already been broken up.

I could almost argue that if nebraska knew for sure that Colorado and Missouri would stay than Nebraska would have also stayed.

Colorado leaving or stating that they would leave if the Pac 10 offered was probably a big reason that we left. I know for me the only ties I felt to the big 12 were the 7 other big 8 teams. Everyone wants to blame Nebraska, stating that Colorado could have been replaced, but the orignal big 8 would have already been broken up.

I could almost argue that if nebraska knew for sure that Colorado and Missouri would stay than Nebraska would have also stayed.

i disagree, but this is just my perception. to me, i think NU saw teams getting picked off, like TU and mizzou, and being left behind in a second tier conference. NU is too small of a market to survive or be relevant in a weak conference, and as such, NU is dependent on their conference, to an extent. i think NU saw that they had to be proactive, they had to leave or get left behind.

i disagree, but this is just my perception. to me, i think NU saw teams getting picked off, like TU and mizzou, and being left behind in a second tier conference. NU is too small of a market to survive or be relevant in a weak conference, and as such, NU is dependent on their conference, to an extent. i think NU saw that they had to be proactive, they had to leave or get left behind.

I agree with your statement whole-heartedly. I don't think that I phrased mine correctly, so I will try again. If there had been more stability amoung the original big 8 schools Nebraska would not have considered the move.