When do we get our Hockey team????

why not? How many div 1 hockey teams are in michigan? I think a hockey team in lincoln would be fine, and would foresee a great in state rivalry a la creighton/nu in basketball. Omaha fans would stick with uno as is, and the rest of the state could back the lincoln squad.

I've been wishing for this for a while. Where would the rink be? Convert Devaney? I thought we had plans for ice, but not with the required seating. They break ground on that yet? The new arena would be perfect, but they better act fast so they don't have to retrofit 2 years down the road. I imagine they would have to drop a sport to add hockey. Ok, I pick golf. That's only a game anyway. Baseball better be careful though. :snacks:

I've been wishing for this for a while. Where would the rink be? Convert Devaney? I thought we had plans for ice, but not with the required seating. They break ground on that yet? The new arena would be perfect, but they better act fast so they don't have to retrofit 2 years down the road. I imagine they would have to drop a sport to add hockey. Ok, I pick golf. That's only a game anyway. Baseball better be careful though. :snacks:

Why would baseball have to worry? The Big Ten plays baseball....and I don't see Nebraska pulling it. Besides, there will be more money in the Big Ten, remember, which will give more money to athletics also.

Why would baseball have to worry? The Big Ten plays baseball....and I don't see Nebraska pulling it. Besides, there will be more money in the Big Ten, remember, which will give more money to athletics also.

It was in reference to how bad we have become. It was mostly a joke. I believe we would have to drop one men's sport to take up hockey. :LOLtartar

It was in reference to how bad we have become. It was mostly a joke. I believe we would have to drop one men's sport to take up hockey. :LOLtartar

We may actually do better in baseball

here is the Big 10 standings for baseball

Team Record Pct. Record Pct.

1. Minnesota 15-9 .625 30-28 .517

2. Michigan 14-10 .583 35-22 .614

3. Iowa 13-11 .542 30-28 .517

Northwestern 13-11 .542 24-32 .429

5. Purdue 12-12 .500 33-24 .579

Indiana 12-12 .500 28-27 .509

7. Michigan State 11-13 .458 34-19 .642

Ohio State 11-13 .458 28-23 .549

9. Illinois 10-14 .417 26-26 .500

10. Penn State 9-15 .375 22-30 .423

I don't see hockey listed as a sport. The only Big 10 team i know that plays it is Michigan.

I don't see hockey listed as a sport. The only Big 10 team i know that plays it is Michigan.

http://www.uscho.com/standings/?type=d1

Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Notre Dame (if they join) all have hockey teams...funny thing is they are in different conference rankings for some reason.

Psst...... (Wisconsin lost the NCAA Championship Game last year.)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/2010-04-10-ncaa-hockey-championship_N.htm

WCHA is where it's at. Mich were a bunch of pansies and left, because they couldnt handle our awesomeness.

Seriously though, if the Big 10 created their own hockey league, that would screw over a bunch of teams with some long history. I mean, Minnesota and Michigan each have like 5 division 1 schools that play in their division. The two Colorado and North Dakota teams also get boned in this scenario.

WCHA is where it's at. Mich were a bunch of pansies and left, because they couldnt handle our awesomeness.

Seriously though, if the Big 10 created their own hockey league, that would screw over a bunch of teams with some long history. I mean, Minnesota and Michigan each have like 5 division 1 schools that play in their division. The two Colorado and North Dakota teams also get boned in this scenario.

Hockey is one of those sports that you might have a good argument for leaving those teams where they are at, and if Nebraska, or anyone else decides to play hockey, they could do like they could have done all along and apply to join a division. Then again, the Big Ten could look at it and see there is more money to be made by creating a Big Ten conference for Hockey...and capitalize on the television revenue.