Texas Might Stay in Big 12

It would be bad in that we would have to pay the penalties for leaving the Big 12. It would definitely be a great thing for the remaining Big 12 North, and they wouldn't hate us so much. Guess we'll have to wait till Tuesday to see what Texas decides on doing.

i just don't think this is a bad idea at all. texas would have all the power they want, they would be the conference, it would still be fiscally viable. they could easily pick up two or more teams (tcu, colorado state, houston, although it wouldn't happen, it would be great for them to get arkansas, they would be more competitive in the new big 12) to keep the conference championship, because honestly, a conference become irrelevant when they don't have a championship and don't play for a month. you gotta have a championship.

If the ten teams that are left can get the same tv money as the SEC then I overestimated Nebraska's importance to the BIG XII

so did everyone blaming NU for the big 12's demise.

Who knew? Twelve minus two does not equal zero. Weird.

I'm sure there will be a wave of apologies forthcoming...no? Oh well.

If the ten teams that are left can get the same tv money as the SEC then I overestimated Nebraska's importance to the BIG XII

so did everyone blaming NU for the big 12's demise.

Who knew? Twelve minus two does not equal zero. Weird.

I'm sure there will be a wave of apologies forthcoming...no? Oh well.

i, personally, have been flattered with all of the blame. if they NU has that much power and clout, well then, thank you.

If Texas stays...it's good and bad. NU has to pay exit penalty (BAD). Texas starts its own network, gets richer and treats the rest of the conference more like peasants than ever (BAD). Depending on who they bring in to make 12 or more teams, the conference gets better or worse (TOSSUP). The rest of OUR former Big 8 teams have a home (GOOD). I would have liked to have seen Beebe out of a job as he is worthless, and nothing more than a Texas mouth piece (BAD)

If Texas stays...it's good and bad. NU has to pay exit penalty (BAD). Texas starts its own network, gets richer and treats the rest of the conference more like peasants than ever (BAD). Depending on who they bring in to make 12 or more teams, the conference gets better or worse (TOSSUP). The rest of OUR former Big 8 teams have a home (GOOD). I would have liked to see have seen Beebe out of a job as he is worthless, and nothing more than a Texas mouth piece (BAD)

the rest of the conference would still look at texas as their saviors. it would still probably be better than mwc. and a big 12 with texas, oklahoma, oklahoma st., and when ttu or aTm is up is a better conference then the pac 10 has ever been.

This would be good for Texas and OU, they would have an easier road to the BCS with the Big12 championship game being all but a formality.

Per NCAA rules the conference has to have 12 teams to have a CCG.

I know, my point was that it would be that way if they added some scrub like CSU and a decent team like BYU or Houston