Which Big Ten Stadium/Town/Campus Are You Looking Forward To Most?

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been games in Columbus, Madison and Ann Arbor. UW definately rivals MSU run in terms of campus beauty and Madison is an awesome. Ann Arbor is nice city, but they're athmphere is kinda boring. East Lansing isn't good a C-bus or Madison , but if you're 25ish EL is a blast just about ever bar in town geared to students.

Campus during fall with including of the spartan statue and the Beaumont Tower playing the alma mater

The tennis courts is where students tailgate if you're a NU student or recent grad(or just young a heart) is the place to be. If you don't have a drink the trust me the MSU crowd will gladly provide you one. During last year's MSU/UM game it had been raining earlier and the area pretty muddy, people mud doing slides and wrestling in the mud pit that had formed. I only wish video of when these hot girls did a UM vs MSU mud wrestling match

:facepalm: At least they should take the empty beer cans out of the water if they are going to wrestle in it...

I've been games in Columbus, Madison and Ann Arbor. UW definately rivals MSU run in terms of campus beauty and Madison is an awesome. Ann Arbor is nice city, but they're athmphere is kinda boring. East Lansing isn't good a C-bus or Madison , but if you're 25ish EL is a blast just about ever bar in town geared to students.

Campus during fall with including of the spartan statue and the Beaumont Tower playing the alma mater

The tennis courts is where students tailgate if you're a NU student or recent grad(or just young a heart) is the place to be. If you don't have a drink the trust me the MSU crowd will gladly provide you one. During last year's MSU/UM game it had been raining earlier and the area pretty muddy, people mud doing slides and wrestling in the mud pit that had formed. I only wish video of when these hot girls did a UM vs MSU mud wrestling match

:facepalm: At least they should take the empty beer cans out of the water if they are going to wrestle in it...

It wasn't really mud so much as it was just dirty water... I give them an A for effort though. :lol:

I absolutely love pics of these stadiums. Of course I am biased, but the Horseshoe is a very impressive structure. It's like a cavern. The front entrance way (The Rotunda) is like a cathedral to college football. Here's thumbnails because these pics are big.

wxszuskpxgpzfok20100113.th.jpg

ohst4125.th.jpg

rotundawindows.th.jpg

I absolutely love pics of these stadiums. Of course I am biased, but the Horseshoe is a very impressive structure. It's like a cavern. The front entrance way (The Rotunda) is like a cathedral to college football. Here's thumbnails because these pics are big.

ohst4125.th.jpg

rotundawindows.th.jpg

An interesting point about the Rotunda, the flowers, they're painted Maize and Blue. I've always wondered why they would chose not one, but both of our colors.

ohst4125.th.jpg

rotundawindows.th.jpg

An interesting point about the Rotunda, the flowers, they're painted Maize and Blue. I've always wondered why they would chose not one, but both of our colors.

It is to represent all of the Wolverines that have been slaughtered on the field.

ohst4125.th.jpg

rotundawindows.th.jpg

Because during the inauguration game for the Stadium, Michigan won the game. The flowers were originally not painted and it was a bet between Fielding Yost (Michigan coach) and John Wilce (Ohio State coach) that whoever won would have their colors painted on the flowers.

What would gameday be without the bands and the Big Ten has some amazing ones and so here some vids from around conference. First up of course are my Spartans

Spartan Marching Band on it's way to the stadium during the CMU game. One of our band traditions is to carry flags to represent conference members so in 2011 the Big Ten Flag Corp will be adding another member for NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvr_MCbgFs

Some of the pregame game show with the SMB performing the kickstep entrance and spinning the S

I've never been to any games away from Beaver Stadium. But I have to say, that entrance at the Shoe is really nice. Beaver Stadium is pretty industrial looking underneath and at the entrances. The setup, however, seems to really concentrate the noise. With high sides all around it probably focuses the noise onto the field. Night games are fantastic, sadly the White Out came well after my graduation date.

Stewart Mandel had this to say:

If I was a Circuit City employee trying to woo a customer into buying a $2,000 High-definition plasma television, the first thing I would show him is Saturday night's broadcast of the Penn State-Illinois game. Even seeing it for a third time, it was impossible not to be awed by the visual grandeur of Penn State's "White Out," which manages to turn a 110,000-seat stadium one enormous flashbulb. It's powerful, it's organized (right down to the block "S" in one corner) and, quite frankly, it's awesome.

Two words of advice to all the other schools trying to mimic it: Just stop. Seriously.