More fuel to the fire for 10/16/10

after reading that board, it is crazy how obsessed they are with us. i mean, they are 8-1 against us in the big 12, and we have been irrelevant, so why the hatred and grudge?

one post said:

They need to move on. They got their wish and got away from us. Stop being bitter about it. It wasn't just Texas that made you mediocre for almost a decade. Your choice of coaches had a lot to do with it.

we hate them because they are greedy and way to powerful, just like america hated the monarchy for the very same reason. but i do not think we really care about them one way or they other. also, i do not think anyone is blaming our sub-par past decade on them, that is crazy. we know who to blame for the failures of our past, and are they really that arrogant that they think we blame them for being bad? we know our choice of coach (and AD) had everything to do with it, obviously because know that we have the right coach, we are doing better.

needless to say, it is a bad idea to lurk on that board, but i guess we should be flattered that little ole NU, who only has 1 win to their 8 in the era of the big 12, that we get their ire so intense and fierce. it makes me wonder what would cause it...

edit: also, they say we whine a lot. how so, we complain a lot, but that is on principle, we really don't care, we are gone to a conference that will respect us and is a better fit athletically and academically, they have what they want in complete control over a conference where they have one roadblock to the mnc.

No kidding. If we're such a terrible team, shouldn't they be embarrassed that they practically lost to us?

after reading that board, it is crazy how obsessed they are with us. i mean, they are 8-1 against us in the big 12, and we have been irrelevant, so why the hatred and grudge?

one post said:

They need to move on. They got their wish and got away from us. Stop being bitter about it. It wasn't just Texas that made you mediocre for almost a decade. Your choice of coaches had a lot to do with it.

we hate them because they are greedy and way to powerful, just like america hated the monarchy for the very same reason. but i do not think we really care about them one way or they other. also, i do not think anyone is blaming our sub-par past decade on them, that is crazy. we know who to blame for the failures of our past, and are they really that arrogant that they think we blame them for being bad? we know our choice of coach (and AD) had everything to do with it, obviously because know that we have the right coach, we are doing better.

needless to say, it is a bad idea to lurk on that board, but i guess we should be flattered that little ole NU, who only has 1 win to their 8 in the era of the big 12, that we get their ire so intense and fierce. it makes me wonder what would cause it...

edit: also, they say we whine a lot. how so, we complain a lot, but that is on principle, we really don't care, we are gone to a conference that will respect us and is a better fit athletically and academically, they have what they want in complete control over a conference where they have one roadblock to the mnc.

No kidding. If we're such a terrible team, shouldn't they be embarrassed that they practically lost to us?

it seems like they view us like we view isu (sorry cy and clone), and it would be like us dedicating a thread to disparaging and berating isu, which is ridiculous because we have no reason to be resentful or bitter towards isu. heck, we would not even have a thread like that dedicated to mizzou (probably, i should check).

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

that's because it wasn't a bogus second

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

that's because it wasn't a bogus second

You're right the second that was ADDED wasn't bogus, you got it because you're Texas right? Because you were SUPPOSED to go to the title game right? I don't know I could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. Unless you're Texas of course...

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

I really hate it when longhorn fans bring up the 8-1 record bs. Its a shame that we didnt play them when we were at our prime in the 90's, they would of got there A55 handed to them every year. =/

Its especially funny that Callahan almost beat them...twice! You know, every damn game they won has been sheer luck or Ref aided. So damn annoying. Oh well. I never really minded Texas fans that much (although that board is ridiculous, its like kindergarten in there), but the School of Texas and the Texas mentality it embodies has worn thin on us all. I'm upset that we won't get to play Texas anymore, but am glad to not be in their conference.

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

You are pretty much delusional if the Big Ten would bow down to your demands. Pac-10 told you to GTFO and that's why pretty much you are stuck in the Big 12. The Big Ten may have been courting you but it wouldn't have mattered since you would have to give up your media rights and according to Deloss you just weren't gonna do that. I am sure if Nebraska academically was so poor the Big Ten wouldn't have invited them just on football alone. Talking us about the 90's? Hell you were in the SWC which was pretty much just Texas and you still couldn't win a championship. If Nebraska was irrelevant how did we win the 97 National Championship and win 2 Big 12 titles? You do know that Texas just won their 3rd Big 12 title right? Howcome Texas ONLY has 4 national titles? Even OU has more. lol.