Any reason why we're not recruiting Mike Blakely?

Mike Blakely, Manatee Highschool FL, (

)

Rivals Rank: 6.0 :star :star :star :star Natl: #22 Position #6

Considering he and Brion ran through Florida the last two years as a 1-2 punch on offense, why wouldn't we at least offer him? Surely Brion could sway him somewhat and he would be a great back to pair with Aaron Green (Rivals Rank: 6.0 :star :star :star :star Natl: #21 Position #5) The fact we haven't even offered him is beyond me :dunno

Mike Blakely, Manatee Highschool FL, (

)

Rivals Rank: 6.0 :star :star :star :star Natl: #22 Position #6

Considering he and Brion ran through Florida the last two years as a 1-2 punch on offense, why wouldn't we at least offer him? Surely Brion could sway him somewhat and he would be a great back to pair with Aaron Green (Rivals Rank: 6.0 :star :star :star :star Natl: #21 Position #5) The fact we haven't even offered him is beyond me :dunno

See iruletheskool's post #5

It also looks like he favors Florida at the moment.

yep, he really hates the cold.

thanks for the props Nexus :thumbs

:thumbs

Blah mods can lock and bury this thread then, I totally forgot that other thread we had open..

Regardless, not even an early offer from NU? I would like to see us nabbing the 3/4 star recruits that come out of Manatee which of the latter half of the decade has been 1 or 2 a year.

Totally speculating, but I think another reason he might not see an offer is if we don't think we have an 'in' with him at all. Why offer if we aren't going to spend time recruiting him? That reflects almost negatively back on the school I think.

I don't think that enters the equation at all. The staff is known for blanket offering a LOT of players, even those that they aren't really high on at times. His lack of an NU offer probably has more to do with attitude than any other aspect as that is one of the first things this staff tends to focus on.