Huskers Already Ahead In The Game

Ohio State Buckeyes – When I was a kid, we used to pull buckeyes out of a tree and throw them at each other. Never did we envision that a team would fashion their mascot after something that if you piled enough of them together on the ground, looked exactly like a pile of horse turds.. Brutus has no fashion sense either as the wide horizonatal stripe on his shirt does nothing but emphasis that enormity of his horse turd head…Fail.

Buckeyes are a poisonous nut. Bite me.

:P

I actually love Sparty the Spartan. One of the best mascots around. A+

Michigan State isn't bad. I mean it's not great but considering the mascot choice is a gopher it could be MUCH worse. B-

The rest of the conference however.. those are some HORRIBLE mascots. FAIL

All of them other than Sparty and the Gopher need complete overhauls, especially that ratty looking Nittany Lion. Purdue could have an AWESOME mascot if they went the Herbie Husker or Sparty Spartan route.

S

Wisconsin Badgers – Is it just me or is the Badger in need of some food? I’ve seen badgers and they are plump little animals. This thing looks more like a ferret. Wisconsin either needs to find some fat kid to wear their mascot suit so it actually looks like a Badger or it needs to change the team name to the Wisconsin Weasels…which actually sounds better anyway and they already have the mascot suit….Fail.

Northwestern Wildcats – Any school that is so unimportant as to be named after a direction and not something more consequential obviously needs an exciting and awe-inspiring mascot to rouse the student body. Northwestern got off to a good start by picking a frightening Wildcat but then it ruined the effect by giving it a big smile and making it look more like Snagglepuss that a scary animal. Dumb move by a school with a reputation for turning out smart people….Fail.

Penn State Nittany Lions – Take a good look at the picture. Is the brown thing on the right a lion or a meth user’s idea of a Jack Russell terrier? Actually, it looks like a kidnap victim stuffed in a gunny sack with a noose tied around his neck or maybe like a giant rat that crawled up out of the sewer. Really…what the hell is that? Now I know why they don’t put a Nittany Lion insignia on their helmets. Who would want that…Fail.

So, as you can see, Lil Red and Herbie can certainly be ranked at or near the top of the Big 10 mascots, placing them far ahead of most of the other schools before a single game has even been played.

Hey I LIKE snagglepuss! no Baggin on Snagglepuss!

I can't escape the impression that the badger and Penn State's Lion both look constipated. though....