The Red Pack

Really neat, but I can't think of any reason why that guy from pre-success era NU makes it on there instead of Frank Solich.

Yeah I wondered this too, but after further research, I see why he chose Stiehm, even though he was only at NU for 5 seasons.

Ewald "Jumbo" Stiehm was 35-2-3 with 3 straight undefeated seasons while at NU from 1911-1915.

"I took out the 2 paintings in the background of the Rat Pack photo and replaced them with faux paintings of Johnny Rodgers and Eric Crouch, NU's two Heisman Trophy winners."

While I really like the painting as well.....don't we have 3 Heisman Trophy winners. Or am I being what my wife refers to as a "typical engineer"??

"I took out the 2 paintings in the background of the Rat Pack photo and replaced them with faux paintings of Johnny Rodgers and Eric Crouch, NU's two Heisman Trophy winners."

While I really like the painting as well.....don't we have 3 Heisman Trophy winners. Or am I being what my wife refers to as a "typical engineer"??

You are correct, but what the artist did was mimic the original Rat Pack photo which only has 2 photos hanging in the background. Therefore he was limited to pick 2 out of the 3 Heisman winners for the artwork itself.

Celebrity-Image-The-Rat-Pack--Pool--15804.jpg

But the artist seems to be implying in the paragraph that Nebraska only has two winners to choose from. Either poor research or poor semantics on their part.

I'm gonna go with semantics.

I can't help but think that a guy who paints a coach from 1911 would also know who Mike Rozier was.

Then again, anything is possible.

Really neat, but I can't think of any reason why that guy from pre-success era NU makes it on there instead of Frank Solich.

Yeah I wondered this too, but after further research, I see why he chose Stiehm, even though he was only at NU for 5 seasons.

Ewald "Jumbo" Stiehm was 35-2-3 with 3 straight undefeated seasons while at NU from 1911-1915.

i think Steihm had something like a 90% win record while at NU. Noy sure but it was something like that. He ranks up there with devaney and osborne in terms of success.

Too bad back then they were racist against teams from across the mississipi back then. we might have had rings and trophies too show for those seasons.

i think Steihm had something like a 90% win record while at NU. Noy sure but it was something like that. He ranks up there with devaney and osborne in terms of success.

Too bad back then they were racist against teams from across the mississipi back then. we might have had rings and trophies too show for those seasons.

Correct. He was 35-2-3. Just do the math with those numbers and it turns out to be 0.9125 (91%) winning percentage.