The Hurt Locker

So since there isnt a ton to talk about during the summer, everyone (the "experts") are starting the heisman hype. As we all know Locker is being talked about. I forsee Crick and CO. disrupting this idea. I see the BO-D slowing down this force and putting a hurt on the offensive numbers. Their offense last year wasnt much good mostly due to a very inexperienced offensive line that is sure to be better this year. I know we take it game by game around here but with the first 2 opponents there isnt many story lines. Im just not big on way to early pre-season heisman hype... unless of course its amukamara or crick haha. Anyway the movie THE HURT LOCKER was good so i just thought id throw that in there. GBR

That would be good for a poster (wink wink to anyone making the trip.

I hope Locker lights up their early opponents, then we shut him down, then he has an awesome remainder of the year. That way our demolishing of him will be early enough to be forgotten by the pollsters, and when he wins the Heisman we can use that game as yet another testament to how bada$$ our Blackshirts are. :D

:throwdabones1:

with his ability to scamper I think he will give us some challenges, especially with a very agile SUH not returning. IDC what all of you have to say, Crick is not near as fluent in the pursuit.

I dont disagree with you at all on that. I think most of cricks success last year was due to suh in the middle taking most of the attention. for instance 5 sacks against baylor.. some people made a huge deal about that but if it werent for suh he may not have had that much success. what i do take stock in is the fact that suh said himself that crick will be much better this year. and i think the entire d-line will be pretty good as a whole. Yes they will have some challenges against wash... but with the pelini's in charge i dont forsee it being anything they cant handle. hopefully by then they will be sharp and ready to go for a "big time" atmosphere game.

My take on Washington is that talent wise they are just like the last two times we have played them: one-dimensional. They have one star player, a few good Pac 10 Players, and that's about it. They will be easy to stop. To me, they pose about as much of a threat as Missery does. If Nebraska's offense has improved a few notches, I think we blow this team out. If we have the same offense as last year, we squeak out a victory.

Locker missed almost the entire 2008 season because he shredded his thumb. He still has multiple pins in his throwing hand, so I would steer away from anything with the word "hurt" in it.

I don't think it would be unclassy to make a sign because it is not a wish to hurt him further. It just happens to be a nice coincidence that his last name is Locker and there was an Oscar winning movie called The Hurt Locker that just came out. Its relative, creative, and I say go for it!

My take on Washington is that talent wise they are just like the last two times we have played them: one-dimensional. They have one star player, a few good Pac 10 Players, and that's about it. They will be easy to stop. To me, they pose about as much of a threat as Missery does. If Nebraska's offense has improved a few notches, I think we blow this team out. If we have the same offense as last year, we squeak out a victory.

I'd say they pose less threat than Missouri. I think Missouri has a better chance of beating us in Lincoln than I do us losing in Washington.

Locker missed almost the entire 2008 season because he shredded his thumb. He still has multiple pins in his throwing hand, so I would steer away from anything with the word "hurt" in it.

I don't think it would be unclassy to make a sign because it is not a wish to hurt him further. It just happens to be a nice coincidence that his last name is Locker and there was an Oscar winning movie called The Hurt Locker that just came out. Its relative, creative, and I say go for it!

Agreed, Somebody needs to make this happen!

Agreed, Somebody needs to make this happen!

Thank you for the support on this subject! As i mentioned i am planning on going! So look for it!

I'd say they pose less threat than Missouri. I think Missouri has a better chance of beating us in Lincoln than I do us losing in Washington.

Yea their is no way Washington can beat us with just Locker and Polk. Im not guaranteeing a victory because Ive seen some strange things happen (ISU '09), but all things should point to a blowout win against UW. Locker doesnt have the players around him to beat us, plus their defense isnt that good, as are the other teams in the pac-10.

Mizzou will be better team than last year. If they ever find a defense, I think they got a good chance to get to 10 wins. It would be nice to have 2 teams in the north have 10 wins or more in the same season, seems like that hasnt happen in awhile.