SEC Academics

SEC academics = pretty much non-existent (with the exception of Vandy, Tenn, & Florida)

Yeah, I guess this is why the University of Georgia is a higher ranked academic undergradaute institution (and also for many graduate programs) than Clemson. Tennessee? Are you kidding me?

Also, you have to look at the feeder schools. States in the deep South perform near or at the bottom on K-12 standardized tests and the school systems themselves are greatly inferior to other states' education systems.

I think we are just limiting the academics to the football recruiting standards.

I have had 4 cousins who went though UGA and I must say that Athens is a beautiful campus. I love how you have rocking chairs in front of your dorms. Having the graduation ceremony in the football stadium in May isnt such a good idea though.

SEC academics = pretty much non-existent (with the exception of Vandy, Tenn, & Florida)

Yeah, I guess this is why the University of Georgia is a higher ranked academic undergradaute institution (and also for many graduate programs) than Clemson. Tennessee? Are you kidding me?

Also, you have to look at the feeder schools. States in the deep South perform near or at the bottom on K-12 standardized tests and the school systems themselves are greatly inferior to other states' education systems.

I think we are just limiting the academics to the football recruiting standards.

I have had 4 cousins who went though UGA and I must say that Athens is a beautiful campus. I love how you have rocking chairs in front of your dorms. Having the graduation ceremony in the football stadium in May isnt such a good idea though.

Greek Houses...not dorms, and yes, I agree with the graduation tradition. I've silently boycotted both of my graduations that took place in that stadium.

I see now what you're saying with the recruiting standards and everyone else is right. The SEC is win at all costs when it comes to them, but y'all might want to look at this:

http://www.ajc.com/h..._1228_3DOT.html from a few years ago. I know SAT scores across all of athletics isn't quite what we were looking at, but the Big XII has 3 schools on the list, not to mention the worst offender of all (Okie State).

Whoops. Double

I was under the impression that UGA and Florida were decent schools, academically speaking. All the rest were avg to poor. I knew someone who went to an SEC school who basically said he did not go to class and still got straight A's.

Vanderbilt blows all the SEC schools away academically.

Just like Northwestern for the Big 10

I'm under the impression (which I could be wrong about) that both of these schools are Ivy League school quality academic-wise

I was under the impression that UGA and Florida were decent schools, academically speaking. All the rest were avg to poor. I knew someone who went to an SEC school who basically said he did not go to class and still got straight A's.

I wouldn't judge a conference from this. I graduated from UNL with a 3.8 and rarely ever went to class.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Vandy.

Auburn probably deserves some credit too. Maybe more so than Vandy, a school for spoiled rich kids who couldn't get into Ivy. At least that's the rep I've heard for Vandy anyway.

Sorry, I meant UGA, not Tenn...I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I still had Vandy on the mind. UGA is a great school. South Carolina - Not.

Sorry, I meant UGA, not Tenn...I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I still had Vandy on the mind. UGA is a great school. South Carolina - Not.

smile.gif Thank you, and when I say UGA is ranked higher than Clemson, I'm aware that it's only by like 3 spots (as opposed to South Carolina which ranks in, like, the 120s).