Husker-Horns early kickoff???

FSN sublicenses a certain amount of games each season to ESPN. ESPN doesn't have a Big 12 selection that day. Only ABC and FSN have selections. So the only times the game can be are FSN at 11:00, ABC at 2:30 and FSN at 7:00. It will have to be one of those slots unless some other arrangement is reached which I highly doubt FSN would do since they would love to be able to show that game.

All true, and i dont see ABC letting this one get away and that is why it will be a 2:30.

Agreed. It will definitely be on at 2:30. :D

What do you mean ESPN doesnt have a selection that day????? According to the Big 12 website, ESPN dates and times are flexible. So even if it does say they dont have selection, they actually do within their contract to broadcast games. Their are 6 games I believe.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1522972

2;30 REGIONAL telecast game???? Unless the two teams are hovering around .500 mark this will not happen. Besides 2:30 is the worst TV spot as far attracting viwers.

This game will either be 11am or a night game. ESPN/ABC may demand this game on at night to maxiumize viewership on their family of networks. It wouldnt have to directly go against OSU and Wisconsin. It could be where OSU and Wisc would start at 6pm on the deuce and then Neb-Tex would start at about 8:15 on ESPN. ESPN has done this quite abit the last 2 years.

http://mattsarzsports.com/2010/week7.aspx

So what are we suppose to gather from this???? I see nothing that gives me anymore info than before. Ohio State/Wisc is still 6pm central on ESPN or ESPN2. Those Pac-10 games on the schedule dont start till 9:15 which will be on after the 6pm game on ESPN or ESPN2.

From the Big 12 website....

FSN will utilize a total of 24 telecast windows during the 2010 season ABC will utilize up to 18 windows plus the championship game; TAMU-UT game counts on ABC total ESPN sublicenses six games from FSN, dates may be flexible and times are tentative

Big 12 Football Television Selection Information

ABC selects games played on special dates, in prime time, the first three Saturdays of September and the dates it intends to do early afternoon games by June 15 of each contract year. ABC will select the additional games to be televised no later than 11 a.m. (Central) on the 12th day (i.e. the second Monday preceding a Saturday telecast date) prior to the dates such games are to be televised. ABC retains the rights to exercise a six-day option (i.e. the Sunday prior to a Saturday telecast date) three times during each season. ABC will provide the Conference a "ready list" on the 12th day prior to exercising this option. Overall, there will be 18 Big 12 appearances on ABC in 2010.

FSN shall provide the Big 12 with a list of games for special dates and the first three Saturdays of September by June 15 each year. The selection of games for syndication and prime time telecast will occur following the decisions made by ABC. FSN has also sublicensed games to the ESPN family of networks for 2010 and a total of 30 Big 12 controlled games will be televised by FSN and ESPN.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&KEY=&ATCLID=1523018

sure do seem to be a lot of threads about texas here from you nebrasska corn humpers. y'all still scared from last year? its gotta suck

Sounds like you guys are scared. McCoy prob still has nightmares from that night.

How does feel to add yourself to the ban list, cause you well on your way.

y'all still scared from last year?

Shouldn't we be asking you that question?

why would we be scared of a team we have dominated since the big 12 has been around?? the kool-aid must be extra strong in lincoln!!!!

Your team of all-stars was one second away from getting beat by a team in rebuilding mode. Go boast somewhere else, kid. We don't care around here.

why would we be scared of a team we have dominated since the big 12 has been around?? the kool-aid must be extra strong in lincoln!!!!

Your team of all-stars was one second away from getting beat by a team in rebuilding mode. Go boast somewhere else, kid. We don't care around here.

You dont care??? sure do seem to be a lot of nebrasska on texas boards that seem to care . and they seem to get really butthurt when daddy texas domination is brought up. congrats on a moral victory because you came withing one second of almost beating daddy texas last year!!!!

You dont care??? sure do seem to be a lot of nebrasska on texas boards that seem to care . and they seem to get really butthurt when daddy texas domination is brought up. congrats on a moral victory because you came withing one second of almost beating daddy texas last year!!!!

Let me be a little more clear, since you seem to be having trouble understanding me.

Stop trolling these boards or you're banned. Now.

Understand?

Let me be a little more clear, since you seem to be having trouble understanding me.

Stop trolling these boards or you're banned. Now.

Understand?

OH NOES!!!! NOT BANNED!!! seems you nebrasska fans cant handle reality. must be super strong kool-aid!!!!

This game should be a night game especially if NU and UT are going into the matchup undefeated. The atmosphere in Memorial Stadium at night is amazing. It is hard to believe that NASCAR would have more viewers than this match up, but I may be naive with my estimate of car racing fans.

First of all I totally agree, this should be a night game, and as both a Husker fan and a NASCAR fan, I'd watch the Nebraska game without even thinking twice. It's going to be hard to watch the race anyway since I'll be at the game. But nationaly man, there isn't a regular season football game in the country that could get close to the same advertising revenue numbers a cup race puts up. I have no idea for sure but my guess is that the revenue from a college football game probably wouldn't even cover a network's production costs for a race weekend, but their advertising from that weekend does. Look at this way; When a network/s cover a NASCAR "race" they have coverage of up to three different races that weekend, qualifying for those three races, and practices, plus pre/post race productions for all. So you're looking at around twenty or more hours of live coverage on a given weekend...and I can guarantee you over half of that coverage is advertising. So, my guess is they won't bump the Cup race, but I've been wrong before.

This game should be a night game especially if NU and UT are going into the matchup undefeated. The atmosphere in Memorial Stadium at night is amazing. It is hard to believe that NASCAR would have more viewers than this match up, but I may be naive with my estimate of car racing fans.

First of all I totally agree, this should be a night game, and as both a Husker fan and a NASCAR fan, I'd watch the Nebraska game without even thinking twice. It's going to be hard to watch the race anyway since I'll be at the game. But nationaly man, there isn't a regular season football game in the country that could get close to the same advertising revenue numbers a cup race puts up. I have no idea for sure but my guess is that the revenue from a college football game probably wouldn't even cover a network's production costs for a race weekend, but their advertising from that weekend does. Look at this way; When a network/s cover a NASCAR "race" they have coverage of up to three different races that weekend, qualifying for those three races, and practices, plus pre/post race productions for all. So you're looking at around twenty or more hours of live coverage on a given weekend...and I can guarantee you over half of that coverage is advertising. So, my guess is they won't bump the Cup race, but I've been wrong before.

all that coverage...and i still don't care

Put the race on tape delay and show it at 2 AM