Washington TE

Washington officials would not be more specific, but sources confirmed to The Seattle Times that Middleton failed a recent drug test. That followed what the sources said were a number of issues related to Middleton's attitude and effort. UW cannot randomly test athletes but can test specific athletes if it has reasonable suspicion.

Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian and other UW administrators would not comment.

The junior from Lakes High School in Lakewood, a Parade All-American in 2007, started 11 of 12 games last season and caught 26 passes, more than any Washington tight end since Kevin Ware in 2002.

But he had been surpassed by junior Chris Izbicki atop the depth chart at the end of spring practice, and would have been locked in a tight battle to start when fall camp begins Aug. 9. linky

If we ever had a #2 skill position guy get kicked off the team for smoking weed just before the season starts--well, I'll bet we wouldn't win more than 10 games. :)

it pertains to a team that is on our schedule correct? i would think it belongs in the football section because i for one would like to know that they lost a TE.

Meh. It's a gray area. It can stay, but if there was a lot of traffic in this forum we might have to reevaluate. Depends on the circumstances.

it pertains to a team that is on our schedule correct? i would think it belongs in the football section because i for one would like to know that they lost a TE.

This is why I put it here. I just thought people would want to know they lost someone who started alot of games last year.