Fan Day?

I'm wondering the same thing. I saw it mentioned in an article, but other than the date and time (Sat. August 7th, 9:30-11 AM), no details were given. What typically happens on fan day?

I have no clue what goes on at fan day, i dont know how it works at all.

I'm wondering the same thing. I saw it mentioned in an article, but other than the date and time (Sat. August 7th, 9:30-11 AM), no details were given. What typically happens on fan day?

I have no clue what goes on at fan day, i dont know how it works at all.

Its basically a meet and greet with the team and coaches. I been to them a couple of times.... Basically--- kids run on the field for 90 minutes (see halftime of spring game) while others wait in line for autographs. If you want Bo's autograph you have to litterly sprint and knock people down to get to his autograph line to even remotely have a chance. I believe you enter from south stadium.

Honestly they need give them longer than 90 minutes to try and get autographs. Their is 2 many people and not enough time to get around to players and coaches.

For anyone interested in going:

Nebraska football fans are reminded that the annual Fan Day will be held this Saturday, Aug. 7, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at Memorial Stadium. Fan Day represents the best chance for Nebraska fans to meet and get an autograph from their favorite Husker players and coaches.

This year's Fan Day will be held on the opening day of practice for the second straight year, giving fans a chance to wish the Huskers well before they head into fall camp. Nebraska will hold its first preseason practice later on Saturday afternoon as Coach Bo Pelini's team begins preparations for the 2010 season.

Fans planning to attend Saturday's activities should enter Memorial Stadium through Gate 3 or Gate 24 on the south end of Memorial Stadium. Gates will open at 9:30 a.m.

Fans should keep the following information in mind as they plan for Fan Day.

--Fans must limit autograph requests to one item per player/coach. Please respect the time of other fans and the players and coaches by adhering to this rule.

--Rosters and autograph sheets will be available for fans at Gates 3 and Gates 24.

--Huskers Authentic Team Store will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. The team store, owned and operated by the Athletic Department, is located directly across from Memorial Stadium on Stadium Drive.

--Fans should visit Huskers Authentic for all of the latest adidas merchandise for fall. The store will also have media guides, 2010 schedule posters and schedule cards available.

--Huskers Authentic will also have satellite locations near Gates 3 and 24 at Memorial Stadium.

--Vendors also will be available throughout the stadium, selling water and Pepsi products during the event.

--A link to the map is indicating seating of each position group and the coaching staff is included.

--By past experience the line for Coach Pelini and certain position groups will be extremely long. Fans should consider that when determining how to best use the 90 minutes of time with players and coaches.

--With Nebraska practicing later in the afternoon, players and coaches will be on a tight time schedule for lunch, meetings and practice. Please respect their time and allow them to leave the field at the conclusion of Fan Day at 11 a.m.

--Restrooms will be available, but there will be no access to the Osborne Complex.

--Parking lots around Memorial Stadium will be open, including the Stadium Drive parking garage.

post-4424-12811243517.jpg

Went to Fan Day and just got back. I didn't waste my time with autographs - those lines were crazy long. I took a bunch of pictures, though, and chatted with a couple of the guys in between their signing of things.

The Camstache is no longer so glorious. It's still there, but it's massively trimmed.

DeJon Gomes was sporting a Cornhead. A lot of the guys were in shades and hats and had towels around their necks - mostly because it was so stinkin' hot, but also to have fun with the whole thing. I stayed until there was about 15 minutes to go, and even though it was hot and they'd all signed a bazillion autographs, every player I saw was still smiling, still having a good time.

Met Sean Callahan and chatted with him for a minute. He's a nice guy. I envy his gig, big time.

I'll post a bunch of pics in a while, but I gotta get to my chores.

Went to Fan Day and just got back. I didn't waste my time with autographs - those lines were crazy long. I took a bunch of pictures, though, and chatted with a couple of the guys in between their signing of things.

The Camstache is no longer so glorious. It's still there, but it's massively trimmed.

DeJon Gomes was sporting a Cornhead. A lot of the guys were in shades and hats and had towels around their necks - mostly because it was so stinkin' hot, but also to have fun with the whole thing. I stayed until there was about 15 minutes to go, and even though it was hot and they'd all signed a bazillion autographs, every player I saw was still smiling, still having a good time.

Met Sean Callahan and chatted with him for a minute. He's a nice guy. I envy his gig, big time.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Well my season expectations have just been lowered. :(

Don't you stalk the players enough? Why do you have to go to fan day to see them?laugh.gif