Please help the families in the hurricane.

I know this not football related. I really hope the mods leave this here as it will be seen by more people. I know that we all have watched tv and seen the affects of Katrina. Please try to understand how serious this is. People are without the general things to get through life. ( food water shelter) We are all lucky enough to live in the best country in the world. Please take a moment of your time to donate to the RED CROSS. I can tell you all from personal experience that the RED CROSS is like an angel from heaven providing what the suffering people in Louisiana and Mississippi need. WWW.REDCROSS.ORG Thank you for reading. OKC

Great post HSKRNOKC, thanks for starting it. I just donated via my work's Red Cross fund, which as FF mentioned, my work is also matching all donations.

I nearly donated straight to the RC, but then remembered about the match, so you might as well double your $$ if possible -- and if you dont think your work has a match donation plan, contact them and tell your co-workers to do the same and put pressure on them until they do, b/c most big corporations have very deep pockets and can use it as a tax write-off and PR boost anyway, so the expense to them is a small drop in the bucket.

But if they are being scrooges, then Yahoo has a link to the Red Cross that makes it real easy to donate with a credit card:

http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate/

And I know how easy it is to put stuff like this off until it slips your mind after a while, so please do it now before you get caught up in all the great luxuries we will be enjoying this weekend - which thousands of people will not, for a VERY long time. Any amount helps!!