Another player out

Bradr

I really enjoy watching Young & IMO he's deserving of a starting gig. Hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge blow - I wouldn't expect to be considering how deep we are at TE. Even so, feel bad for the guy. Nature of the game though.

Four players is deep at TE? (Cotton, Reed, Hill & Long) I can't say that I agree with that outlook.

I suspect that the McNiell experiment at WR could be coming to an end if these injury problems don't subside.

Considering we don't often use more than one, it is deep. McNeill will stay where he is.

Go back and look and you will see that Nebraska has been using the 22 quite a bit the last few years. And yes I agree McNeill stays at WR, IF there aren't more injuries at TE.

I disagree and think McNiel will go back to tight. End. He was never fast as a WR and I think his best chance for a mismatch is as a TE.

I would say that if a CB lines up next to McNeil that its a mis-match. The move for McNeil to the slot was so we can utilize his skill set a lot more. He will more than likely catch more balls out of the slot than he ever did at TE. He aint going nowhere.

Maybe we'll actually get to see Kyler Reed now?

I agree. I really would like to see his speed utilized more agaisnt LBs.

AMEN! I think it was last year's spring game when reed caught a ball and streaked down the sideline, running away from defenders. Ever since that one play, I've been dying to see him catch some balls in a meaningful minute of a game. I think in time he could be a great playmaker for NU, he outta be able to streak past most LBs

I think ever since that play, we've all been waiting to see Kyler get on the field and utilize his speed, which is definitely un-tight end like. But , if I remember right, Kyler has had some trouble stayinng healthy the last few years. So, let's hope he's all geared up for a grueling season this year, as we're going to need him.

Maybe we'll actually get to see Kyler Reed now?

I agree. I really would like to see his speed utilized more agaisnt LBs.

AMEN! I think it was last year's spring game when reed caught a ball and streaked down the sideline, running away from defenders. Ever since that one play, I've been dying to see him catch some balls in a meaningful minute of a game. I think in time he could be a great playmaker for NU, he outta be able to streak past most LBs

I think ever since that play, we've all been waiting to see Kyler get on the field and utilize his speed, which is definitely un-tight end like. But , if I remember right, Kyler has had some trouble stayinng healthy the last few years. So, let's hope he's all geared up for a grueling season this year, as we're going to need him.

Kinda see kyler as maybe a matt herian type, before the essential career ending injury. I remember in Herians freshman year(the year he wore #42), they would just run a fly pattern for him and he would burn right by the safety or linebacker. I think he caught like 10 passes that year, 4 for touchdowns i believe.