Boise State wanted $1 million to play Nebraska?

NUance

B-b-b-b-but-but-but-but, we'll play "anyone, anywhere, anytime"

Or however it went.

Sorry, if that's what their ideology is, like Florida State of the 80s, and they never returned our call, then they deserve to be called out on it. Regardless if their Athletic Director really said it or not.

I respect the fact they have showed up for their big games, although they should have lost to Virginia Tech, good job, congrats, but maybe we should just move to the WAC then and pull the same stunts, everyone would be mad at us. I'm sick and tired of hearing about them. They are a good team yes, a very good team, but could they do it in a truly AQ conference? That remains to be seen.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, I know we offered a 2 for 1, but didn't we also offer, or did they want a 1-1-1, In Boise, In Lincoln, and on a neutral site somewhere and those plans fell through or am I mis-remembering?

Ohio State is paying Colorado 1.4 mil to play them so honestly I don't think 1 mil is asking too much. The deal didn't make sense for us but I don't think Boise State should be blamed for the deal collapsing.

Colorado is also trying to generate some money to 1) pay their way out of the Big 12 and 2) get rid of Hawkins. Right now, Colordao is broker than a broke **** dog

Colorado is also a scrub

I hate Boise St. 1 million for BSU compared to 800k for Idaho.

So if it was a 1 game in Lincoln, 200k gets you on national TV. Sounds like a bargain.

I dont see Boise going to anyone else's house for 1 game, so I doubt this is what the article really amounts to.

MOD EDIT - No sexual references in the forums. Put it in the Woodshed if you feel the need to swear.

I believe someone made the point in another thread that a national TV deal means you split the money with the rest of the conference. With Idaho NU keeps all the PPV money. I don't know how the numbers work so this may or may not be a better deal.

I dunno. Did we pay Va Tech for our home-and-away with them? Boise is ranked higher that Va Tech was. Boise can't have it both ways. If they want to be considered a contender then they can't demand subsidies like the little FCS (I-AA) programs.

It's time for Boise State to put on their big boy pants and play ball. Or else shut the hell up.