Instant Reply Reviews

dbetz23

There was no way in he** that that his arm was moving forward.  That was a fumble and a touchdown.  Other than that though, i thought they did a great job, and it's certainly better than not having it.

Nunn's was a fumble aswell and would of been maines ball but the problem is it really has to be bad before they change it.

No way, Eyeore. I was down in that endzone and his knee was down.

There was no way in he** that that his arm was moving forward.  That was a fumble and a touchdown.  Other than that though, i thought they did a great job, and it's certainly better than not having it.

Nunn's was a fumble aswell and would of been maines ball but the problem is it really has to be bad before they change it.

No way, Eyeore. I was down in that endzone and his knee was down.

How can u tell his knee was down from being there live. On tv we saw six different angles of the play in slow mo. We got away with one, but it was equalled out when we got screwed when their qb fumbled.

They need to do the replay like the pro's so you are not slowing down the whole game, the coaches get a challenge and then the refs. in the booth make the desicion to review a play in the last two minutes

I agree. The way they do replays in the NFL works wonders. 2 replays... if you're wrong, you lose a time-out. A lot of those calls should not have been reviewed. You can't just say... oh that looks kinda close, let's review it. And 6 reviews in one game is ridiculus. They either need to get rid of replays altogether or switch to something like in the NFL.. this crap aint workin.

The mountain west has a really good system this year, in my opinion. Each coach gets one challenge a half. If he makes a challenge and wins, he gets to keep the challenge for that half and use it again.

Yeah, that sounds like a good system for sure.

As far as the Nunn fumble. Fox gives them every angle they have to review the play. I'm thinking the officials might have a better view than the fans at the game or at home. It was close, but if they said his knee was down.. you can rest assured, it was.

They need to do the replay like the pro's so you are not slowing down the whole game, the coaches get a challenge and then the refs. in the booth make the desicion to review a play in the last two minutes

The thing is in the pros some coaches use it as a momentum killer as well (i.e. Mike Tice). They just need to work the kinks out and see how much it really does slow down the games and if coaches are abusing the system.

I agree. The way they do replays in the NFL works wonders. 2 replays... if you're wrong, you lose a time-out. A lot of those calls should not have been reviewed. You can't just say... oh that looks kinda close, let's review it. And 6 reviews in one game is ridiculus. They either need to get rid of replays altogether or switch to something like in the NFL.. this crap aint workin.

The mountain west has a really good system this year, in my opinion. Each coach gets one challenge a half. If he makes a challenge and wins, he gets to keep the challenge for that half and use it again.

Yeah, that sounds like a good system for sure.

As far as the Nunn fumble. Fox gives them every angle they have to review the play. I'm thinking the officials might have a better view than the fans at the game or at home. It was close, but if they said his knee was down.. you can rest assured, it was.

So officials never make the wrong call?

With video evidence, and a few minutes to check out the angles.. I hope they can get it right. There's going to be the freak occurence where video evidence is inconclusive but, whether the ball comes out before the knee hits or not, I'm positive that the video in the booth showed the knee first, and they made the right call.