#3 Illinois at #7 Nebraska, Saturday 9/11/2010

#3 Illinois (7-0 overall, 0-0 Big Ten) at #7 Nebraska (7-1, 0-0 Big 12)

Ameritas Players Challenge

When: Saturday, September 11th, 7pm CT

Where: Bob Devaney Sports Center, Lincoln, Nebraska

TV: NONE

Video Webcast: CLICK HERE (subscription required)

Audio Webcast: CLICK HERE

Live Stats: CLICK HERE

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first sports event for the Huskers against a Big Ten opponent since the announcement of Nebraksa's conference move, and will be a sneak peek of a future Big Ten volleyball rivalry. As of Wednesday, over 11,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's match.

Illinois is a legitimate contender for the national championship this season, and swept then #2 Texas in Austin last week. They will be playing without their first team All-American OH Laura DeBruler, who is out with mono. Even without DeBruler, this will be a huge test for the Huskers.

For a volleyball version of "The Blind Side", read this great story about Illinois libero Jennifer Bonilla.

Stanford was the last team to beat Penn State before the streak, and is now the team to end the streak. Congrats to Penn State on an incredible run.

Michelle Bartsch (Illinois OH) was carried off the floor due to injury. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Incredible streak. I didnt know that stanford and penn state even played tonight. They just announced it at game and was a big cheer. What did streak end at?

Yea I saw the injury. She couldn't put any weight on hwer ankle. What did they say about it on the radio? Was it more than a sprain?