Martinez on front page of Sports Illustrated CFB page

Nexus

Wendell Barnhouse, longtime college writer for the Fort Worth Star Telegram who now works for the Big 12, tweeted this Saturday: "People [are] comparing Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez to Heisman winner Eric Crouch. Here's this opinion: Martinez is faster than Crouch."

Not taking anything away from T-Mart, but I am a little skeptical. Crouch was pretty fast. Even compared to cornerbacks and WRs.

I heard them say something like that on the broadcast on saturday. I am very skeptical that T-mart was/is as fas as Crouch. Dont get me wrong T-mart is very, very fast, but I dont think he is Crouch fast.

I hear ya. Tmart has greased lightning gap speed but Crouch.....oh boy, he was a blur. I think maybe not "quite" as quick as Crouch for the initial 10 yds. EASILY the 2nd quickest Husker on the field I've seen though. End-Zone Jones at #3.

But then Tmart is just a freshman and it's almost scary to think he could possibly pick up a half step in the next 3+ years.

Crouch's top end speed is a little higher than Martinez's. The difference is that Martinez's acceleration is FAR better than Crouch's so Martinez is just overall more explosive.

Wendell Barnhouse, longtime college writer for the Fort Worth Star Telegram who now works for the Big 12, tweeted this Saturday: "People [are] comparing Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez to Heisman winner Eric Crouch. Here's this opinion: Martinez is faster than Crouch."

Not taking anything away from T-Mart, but I am a little skeptical. Crouch was pretty fast. Even compared to cornerbacks and WRs.

I heard them say something like that on the broadcast on saturday. I am very skeptical that T-mart was/is as fas as Crouch. Dont get me wrong T-mart is very, very fast, but I dont think he is Crouch fast.

I hear ya. Tmart has greased lightning gap speed but Crouch.....oh boy, he was a blur. I think maybe not "quite" as quick as Crouch for the initial 10 yds. EASILY the 2nd quickest Husker on the field I've seen though. End-Zone Jones at #3.

But then Tmart is just a freshman and it's almost scary to think he could possibly pick up a half step in the next 3+ years.

Crouch's top end speed is a little higher than Martinez's. The difference is that Martinez's acceleration is FAR better than Crouch's so Martinez is just overall more explosive.

Totally disagree.

Crouch's gap speed was insane.

"People [are] comparing Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez to Heisman winner Eric Crouch. Here's this opinion: Martinez is faster than Crouch."

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy, Crouch was like a sub 4.4 wasn't he? I'd say Martinez is more like 4.45-4.48

nope. He has been said to have mid 4.3 speed.

The announcers said last week that he had been clocked at a 4.33 or something ridiculous like that. I know they said 4.35 or below though.

"People [are] comparing Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez to Heisman winner Eric Crouch. Here's this opinion: Martinez is faster than Crouch."

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy, Crouch was like a sub 4.4 wasn't he? I'd say Martinez is more like 4.45-4.48

The announcers said last week that he had been clocked at a 4.33 or something ridiculous like that. I know they said 4.35 or below though.

I heard the same thing that he has 4.3 speed. I just don't know if it's 4.31 0r 4.39 either way he is very fast and if he is in the same conversation as Crouch as a RS Freshman I think that we are in for some fun the next few years.

I heard the same thing that he has 4.3 speed. I just don't know if it's 4.31 0r 4.39 either way he is very fast and if he is in the same conversation as Crouch as a RS Freshman I think that we are in for some fun the next few years.

I'll drink to that :cheers