Positives

The potential is there. I told my wife I would stop moping around and look at some positives.

-Zac Taylor is a big upgrade at QB. I didn't feel that way last night, but now I think he is.

-Blackshirts. 'Nuff said. Even against Maine.

-Special teams. MUCH better. Billy Busch may stay out of the spotlight this year.

-Even though I know Jim Rose and like him, from what I have heard, I didn't miss much in his commentary last night...although I did have to listen to the guys on TV...Pavelka looked nervous (and sounded a little nervous too) but he did pretty ok.

-Good thing we play some sorry teams in the coming weeks!

-OU lost, although I don't take much from that...I usually root for Big IX teams (even Texas, who I think will crush OSU next week...can't wait for that one!).

--And the biggest one...I'm glad I don't live on the Gulf Coast. May the Lord help those people. I am praying daily for them. When my wife said that, it really put things in perspective.

I love the Big Red, and will continue to root hard!

Go Big Red! Beat Wake!!!

I feel the O and D both made good plays. The D seemed to put plenty of pressure on MU qb's, 9 sacks? Bo with the int and td was good also. ZT's 73 yarder to FH was a pretty sight also.

Good things happened. There are plenty of other threads to air out the negatives.

GBR

--And the biggest one...I'm glad I don't live on the Gulf Coast.  May the Lord help those people.  I am praying daily for them.  When my wife said that, it really put things in perspective.

This is exactly what I was thinking last night on my drive home. I listened to the radio guy go on and on about how NU fans shouldn't be happy. I listened to the guys around me complain the whole game about everything. As I drove my car back to my house where I could sleep in my bed. Eat a snack if I wanted to. Crap I could do something as simple as get a drink of water. The Huskers not beating Maine by what some folks expected is pretty small when you think about what is going on in those few states.

It seemed Taylor was right on the money for quite a bit of the game. I can't remember that many incompletions either. Even though there were several drops, I think there were also several more catchable balls that just weren't. From what I heard, receivers weren't catching hardly anything that wasn't right at the numbers.

I was disappointed last night, but after a day of reflection I don't think things are that bad. A lot of teams struggled against lesser competition, and there is lots of time to get better. I don't think anyone is really giving any credit to Maine. They played with a lot of heart, and that counts for a lot.

It seemed Taylor was right on the money for quite a bit of the game. I can't remember that many incompletions either. Even though there were several drops, I think there were also several more catchable balls that just weren't. From what I heard, receivers weren't catching hardly anything that wasn't right at the numbers.

I was disappointed last night, but after a day of reflection I don't think things are that bad. A lot of teams struggled against lesser competition, and there is lots of time to get better. I don't think anyone is really giving any credit to Maine. They played with a lot of heart, and that counts for a lot.

Your right about the receivers, Hardy was the only one that looked good. Nunn only had 1 catch. Sievers looked fairly good. We got our TE's into it a little bit. I know we are depleted at receiver so hopefully it will improve as we get guys back. I was hoping we would throw more to our backs coming out of the backfield. Swing passes where it is one on one, screen pass, FB in the short flat, rb up the middle between the saftey and the lb's. Maybe billy c was holding the playbook back.

It seemed Taylor was right on the money for quite a bit of the game.  I can't remember that many incompletions either.  Even though there were several drops, I think there were also several more catchable balls that just weren't.  From what I heard, receivers weren't catching hardly anything that wasn't right at the numbers.

I was disappointed last night, but after a day of reflection I don't think things are that bad.  A lot of teams struggled against lesser competition, and there is lots of time to get better.  I don't think anyone is really giving any credit to Maine.  They played with a lot of heart, and that counts for a lot.

Your right about the receivers, Hardy was the only one that looked good. Nunn only had 1 catch. Sievers looked fairly good. We got our TE's into it a little bit. I know we are depleted at receiver so hopefully it will improve as we get guys back. I was hoping we would throw more to our backs coming out of the backfield. Swing passes where it is one on one, screen pass, FB in the short flat, rb up the middle between the saftey and the lb's. Maybe billy c was holding the playbook back.

that was exactly what i was hoping to see too......with Lucky, Glen, Jackson, and Ross why wouldn't you use that speed and throw to them.......get them isolated out there where they can make a play......if the playbook does not open up at WF or Pitt we are screwed for the season..........so far "Billy Ball" sucks...... :wacko:

hunter