UNO vs UNL

dbetz23

For the first time in history I think UNO would and could beat UNL. At a neutral field with no crowd, no noise, not anything but 11 guys lined up agaisnt 11 guys. Heck put 100,000 in some seats UNO would still win. They have heart, speed and a great coaching staff. I saw "formerfan"'s comment about this and decided to put a topic on it. Let the debating begin..........

For the first time in history I think UNO would and could beat UNL. At a neutral field with no crowd, no noise, not anything but 11 guys lined up agaisnt 11 guys. Heck put 100,000 in some seats UNO would still win. They have heart, speed and a great coaching staff. I saw "formerfan"'s comment about this and decided to put a topic on it. Let the debating begin..........

If we played like we did last night it would of been a hell of a game. They are a top 5 team in division 2. They would beat maine.

Whatever!!

Am I the only one who saw the game on Saturday? I am sorry but I love the Huskers to death, but we are not any good. When the pipeline of the Nebraska O-line can't get Ross and Lucky each 100 yards rushing against MAINE, something is wrong. I do not want to hear about first game jidders or things of that nature. They are Div. 1 athletes. They should be prepared to play anytime anywhere. That is why they are getting a free education. And on the UNO story, UNO would destroy Maine. Maine plays a NAIA team next week, not a Div. 2, not a Div. 3, BUT A FREAKING NAIA TEAM. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point I am trying to make is Nebraska isnt what it use to be. It never will be. Billy C might recruit good players but he cant coach them. TO never had a top 10 recruiting class and look what he did. Teams are not afraid to play Nebraska anymore. We are nothing but a joke to everyone. The plain facts is that if a DIVISION 1-A team can't beat a subpar DIVSION 1-AA by more than 49 points at anytime is pathetic. That is why people make predictions. I am not the one who started this debate. It was started in another thread, so don't come down on me. I was just echoing someone else's comment. It was "formorfans" first comment in the "Man, was I WRONG......, (I may never say that again-LOL)" thread.

The point I am trying to make is Nebraska isnt what it use to be. It never will be. Billy C might recruit good players but he cant coach them. TO never had a top 10 recruiting class and look what he did. Teams are not afraid to play Nebraska anymore. We are nothing but a joke to everyone. The plain facts is that if a DIVISION 1-A team can't beat a subpar DIVSION 1-AA by more than 49 points at anytime is pathetic. That is why people make predictions. I am not the one who started this debate. It was started in another thread, so don't come down on me. I was just echoing someone else's comment. It was "formorfans" first comment in the "Man, was I WRONG......, (I may never say that again-LOL)" thread.

TO had several top 10 recruiting classes. 96, 97 were top 10. 1985 was regarded as the best in the nation by several sportswriters. Put your foot back in your mouth, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. This is still the worst thread ever.