Cy's Amazingly Accurate Picks of the Week

Texas at Texas Tech - I hate to pick against my old buddy and coach Mack Brown but I think Tuberville has things going on at Texas Tech. Plus Mack could never remember my name and called me Stu.

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with that name (says the guy named Stew).

Just ran across these numbers at the NCAA stats page. For all the hype, Locker isn't that much different than Ganzy was back in the day.

2008 Joe Ganz - 285/420; 3,568 yds; 11 INT; 25 TD; 67.9% Comp;

2009 Jake Locker - 230/394; 2,800 yds; 11 INT; 21 TD; 58.4% Comp;

The real difference is Locker's speed and running ability.

Nice Picks though Cy

Just ran across these numbers at the NCAA stats page. For all the hype, Locker isn't that much different than Ganzy was back in the day.

Throw Locker's mind into Ganz and you don't have an NFL quarterback. Throw Ganz' mind into Locker and you've got a great quarterback. Locker is getting all this attention because of his frame.

locker, sark, and uwub are just media darlings. NU is not. just the way things are. :moreinteresting

what??? media darlings??? since when did that start??? :laughpound

Locker has excellent running ability, a cannon for an arm, can throw on the run with the best of them, and puts up pretty good numbers for having not much of a team around him. besides, those were stats from his junior year (his second full season).

Not so fast on that Aztec bashing. They got the offensive talent to win that game

Yeah, but Mizzou has even more offensive talent. And probably better special teams too. Not sure of either teams' defense. SDSU over MU would be a pretty big upset - the line has MU favored by 14.

If Mizzou doesn't win by at least two touchdowns, I'll be truly amazed.

Never mis-underestimate Gary Pinkel's ability to coach his way out of a win!

Eh, SDSU is my playstation team so I semi follow them. Still lookin for that upset!

Not so fast on that Aztec bashing. They got the offensive talent to win that game

Yeah, but Mizzou has even more offensive talent. And probably better special teams too. Not sure of either teams' defense. SDSU over MU would be a pretty big upset - the line has MU favored by 14.

If Mizzou doesn't win by at least two touchdowns, I'll be truly amazed.

Never mis-underestimate Gary Pinkel's ability to coach his way out of a win!

Eh, SDSU is my playstation team so I semi follow them. Still lookin for that upset!

That's funny that you say that because I have also been using sdsu on ncaa for as long as I can remember.

Throw Locker's mind into Ganz and you don't have an NFL quarterback. Throw Ganz' mind into Locker and you've got a great quarterback. Locker is getting all this attention because of his frame.

locker, sark, and uwub are just media darlings. NU is not. just the way things are. :moreinteresting

what??? media darlings??? since when did that start??? :laughpound

Locker has excellent running ability, a cannon for an arm, can throw on the run with the best of them, and puts up pretty good numbers for having not much of a team around him. besides, those were stats from his junior year (his second full season).

Just so we have the facts..Joe Ganz played one season as the starter at Nebraska....

Kansas once again has foiled my perfect record as Turner and his buddy Chuck continue to hold a personal vindetta against me that happened a long time ago. So long ago that I can't even remember what it was. Since it's personal and not professional though, it doesn't count against my record which is, therefore, perfect.

Kansas at Southern Miss - I once knew a southern miss. She was quite fiesty. So was her husband when he realized his wife was guilty of an illegal subsitution with some illegal motion in the backfield thrown in for good measure. She probably wouldn't have been much good on the football field but she was much more fun to watch than Southern Miss, the football team. This game pretty much depends on which team I pick to win it so I'm going to say Southern Miss. Congratulations on your second win Turner... <_<

Winner - Southern Miss

Hey, you got one!

Texas at Texas Tech - I hate to pick against my old buddy and coach Mack Brown but I think Tuberville has things going on at Texas Tech. Plus Mack could never remember my name and called me Stu.

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with that name (says the guy named Stew).

Is your last name Peterson? I knew a Stewart Peterson. We shortened it to Stu Ped. :lol: