Best newcomer

Nebraska true freshmen who played Saturday were linebacker Phillip Dillard, defensive end Barry Turner, receiver Chris Brooks, defensive linemen Ndamukong Suh and Zach Potter, safety Jeff Souder, I-back Marlon Lucky, offensive lineman Matt Slauson and kicker Jordan Congdon. Potter and Souder played on special teams. Lucky’s first carry, a 2-yard gain up the middle, occurred with 90 seconds left in the third quarter and drew a round of cheers from the fans. He finished with 13 carries for 44 yards, with a long run of 8 yards.LJS

I did not see either of them...I would have expeceted to see Jackson beacuase of depth problems at safety.

I thought Congdon looked good-very calm and collected for a freshman in his first game. The missed EP isnt a big deal to me, he had one kick come off wrong. He has a solid and accurate leg, hopefully he can develop into a 40-50 yard kicker...

I dont want to brag, but I did say earlier that people were going to be surprised by McKeon. He is a great open field player and is very comfortable running in space and being able to just pursue the ball. Our tackles were demanding double teams all day, and as long as that happens, McKeon is going to be a very solid player. We had numerous newcomers play very well. Hardy had a buck fifty receiving, Turner had two sacks, Octavien was a beast, Bowman shut down his side of the field, Lucky looked better than any of our other backs. That is alot of guys. I think that we have alot of potential impact players in our last class. This could be a great team a couple of years down the road if we surround them with some more talent.

I did not see either of them...I would have expeceted to see Jackson beacuase of depth problems at safety.

I thought Congdon looked good-very calm and collected for a freshman in his first game. The missed EP isnt a big deal to me, he had one kick come off wrong. He has a solid and accurate leg, hopefully he can develop into a 40-50 yard kicker...

We need Jackson because no names being metioned # 25 stinks