For the Taylor (Snuffy) Critics...

Hercules

I've never really endorsed one QB over the next because I've wanted to wait and see how they play, but I don't think there is any doubt that Martinez is the guy. His passing seems to be just as good as Lee's is and his running is obviously on a different plane. I felt like we were watching him mature through the course of the game - there was none of the hesitance we saw out of Lee or Green last year. When he messed up or made a bad decision or got sacked, he stepped right back up and continued on, which I think is a bigger marker of success than his 4 TDs. If he keeps this up he will be one of the greats.

:yeah

Name ONE example of a more impressive first road start by a Nebraska quarterback.

I can't think of one more impressive than this one, not by a freshman or a senior, not by Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch... There's certainly room for Taylor to improve, and there always will be, but good grief. This is gettin serious...

7/11, 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 int

19 carries, 137 yards, 3 TDs

Yeah there is....When Nebraska went to the Kick off Classic..in NJ to start defending their championship....It was Tommie Frazier

Name ONE example of a more impressive first road start by a Nebraska quarterback.

I can't think of one more impressive than this one, not by a freshman or a senior, not by Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch... There's certainly room for Taylor to improve, and there always will be, but good grief. This is gettin serious...

Yeah there is....When Nebraska went to the Kick off Classic..in NJ to start defending their championship....It was Tommie Frazier

Couple problems... That was 1994, so they weren't defending the championship yet. It was against West Virginia, so it wasn't a true road game. And Tommie Frazier's first road start was in 1992.

Couple problems... That was 1994, so they weren't defending the championship yet. It was against West Virginia, so it wasn't a true road game. And Tommie Frazier's first road start was in 1992.

So other than that, he's got a point...

He was asking "Can I think of a more impress Road win by a freshmen or senior" not a Road Start?? And yes they were defending the 1994 championship when they beat Miami the year before. You have to remember...the game against West Virgina was in in the Kick Off Classic in 1994 They went off to win their second title in 95they won the 95...

He was asking "Can I think of a more impress Road win by a freshmen or senior" not a Road Start?? And yes they were defending the 1994 championship when they beat Miami the year before. You have to remember...the game against West Virgina was in in the Kick Off Classic in 1994 They went off to win their second title in 95they won the 95...

Epic FAIL!!!

NU played West Virginia in the Kickoff Classic at the beginning of the 1994 season. The reason was because even though NU and WVU finished 1993 undefeated, NU played FSU (and lost) in the Orange Bowl while WVU played Florida in the Sugar Bowl and got killed.

Yikes... First of all, "He" was me, and I actually did, in fact, ask if anyone could think of a more impressive first road start. As for the rest of what you just said... :facepalm:

Good effort, though.

He clearly said

Martinez has unbelievable poise for a freshman. That was about as hostile an environment as you could get today (from a crowd noise standpoint). He seems unflappable. As someone already pointed out, if he makes a bad play he just puts it behind him and moves on. I am very impressed with what he has shown as a guy that is just starting his career here. Just think about it: He has this season and three more years to develop after that. He truly has the potential to develop into one of our great qb's. That said, we need to keep a serviceable backup behind him just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets injured.

How right you are --- on every point --- especially the "if he gets hurt, we need a servicable backup." Well, seems to me that Zac Lee should be that backup. He is experienced, mentally tough, battle hardened and can play reasonably well. The thing with Cody Green baffles me. He cannot run --- unless running up the back of a blocker constitutes running. He has no moves, has modest (at best) elusiveness and he often falls into contact (rather than running through people). Of course, he fumbles a great deal. And, as a passer he is dangerous --- for us. Lee should be the backup as Carnes is prepped for next year. Green? A position change is in order. Where? Not sure.