martinez makes me nervous

shabizzle

Does anyone else get the same feeling when the pocket closes around taylor or when he starts to get wrapped up, it always feels like hes looking to throw it while going down or make something out of nothing. makes me anxious everytime i see a play collapse around him.

Although after watching him vs washington his ball control and poise has improved alot. His positives by far out weigh the negatives. I figure by the time we get to k-state with the buy week in between we will be executing to our full potential.

I get more nervous when paul has the ball my self :dunno

Can't argue with that one. When Taylor threw that pass to Paul to pick up the 1st down after a 3 and 16 early in the game, I clapped loudly then said "Thanks for not fumbling it Paul!"

Dude, you need to relax. That kid's got bigger stones than anyone else that could take a snap right now. After that performance, I really don't understand your logic? What more can the kid do?

Dude, you need to relax. That kid's got bigger stones than anyone else that could take a snap right now. After that performance, I really don't understand your logic? What more can the kid do?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

My issue isn't with Martinez. My issue has been w/Paul. I don't care how big your stones are or if they're made from granite, silver, titanium, gold or plutonium....hold onto the damn ball and quit fumbling.

One thing to remember, this kid has started 3 games. I'm not sure you can ask for ANYTHING more out of him. Sure, he's made some mistakes and I guarantee he will make more and some will leave you scratching your head. HOWEVER, his upside is off the freaking charts! His poise in the pocket is so far ahead of where most freshmen are, he goes through his progressions like a seasoned vet and he has shown that he can hit WR's in the numbers right as they turn their head. He made some throws on some tough 3rd down and distances yesterday that we haven't seen a QB wearing the Scarlet and Cream in a LOOONG time.

Guys, this guy is a 18-19 year old freshman, we have 3 more years after this with him. He is going to nothing but get better from this point on and he's DAMN GOOD right now.

Enjoy the ride, there will surely be ups and downs, but his ups will GREATLY outweigh the downs, he's a big play waiting to happen on every single snap!

One thing to remember, this kid has started 3 games. I'm not sure you can ask for ANYTHING more out of him. Sure, he's made some mistakes and I guarantee he will make more and some will leave you scratching your head. HOWEVER, his upside is off the freaking charts! His poise in the pocket is so far ahead of where most freshmen are, he goes through his progressions like a seasoned vet and he has shown that he can hit WR's in the numbers right as they turn their head. He made some throws on some tough 3rd down and distances yesterday that we haven't seen a QB wearing the Scarlet and Cream in a LOOONG time.

Guys, this guy is a 18-19 year old freshman, we have 3 more years after this with him. He is going to nothing but get better from this point on and he's DAMN GOOD right now.

Enjoy the ride, there will surely be ups and downs, but his ups will GREATLY outweigh the downs, he's a big play waiting to happen on every single snap!

The bolded part brings up a good question, How will his being a freshman play in the minds of the QB's thinking of coming here next year with a very good possibility that they will have 3 years before they see the field as the GUY and other schools have a jr or sr. I know we want guys that are not afraid of competition and they will have the chance to prove they are better. Do you think this will effect any of them????

The bolded part brings up a good question, How will his being a freshman play in the minds of the QB's thinking of coming here next year with a very good possibility that they will have 3 years before they see the field as the GUY and other schools have a jr or sr. I know we want guys that are not afraid of competition and they will have the chance to prove they are better. Do you think this will effect any of them????

I see it going both ways. It could hurt QB recruiting because someone may not want to compete. In the other direction, it lets recruits know if they compete hard, have a great spring/fall practice, they could unseat the incumbent starter to become the starter themselves.

I see it going both ways. It could hurt QB recruiting because someone may not want to compete. In the other direction, it lets recruits know if they compete hard, have a great spring/fall practice, they could unseat the incumbent starter to become the starter themselves.

I was just going to say this, nothing is for sure with Bo and company. Just because you were the starter one week doesn't mean you're going to be the starter the next week.

The only thing that makes me nervous about Martinez is the hits he takes. Kid needs to learn how to slide or he's going to be feeling those hits by the middle of the season.