Two questions.

HSKRNOKC

I think yes and yes. Just not sure what the timeline will look like.

What worried me more is that the jitters were obvious, and that's fine. But they WEREN'T going away. The potential is there, esp. when Brooks, Laflore, Flu, and Herian get back. This, IMHO, will tell the story on the season. If these guys can come in, produce, NU will look like a completely different team. If not... :unsure:

Here is what Coach Callahan said at the Big Red Breakfest. The reason he put Beck 3rd on the depth chart is because he was afraid that what happened last year would happen this year. Last year after dailey threw 3 interceptions against Kansas, fans began chanting for Davis to come in and take over, but Callahan didn't do it. Then the next week, when we went down to Tech and Joe threw the interceptions, Callahan threw Davis in the game to show fans WHY he did not put davis in the week before. Callahan figured it was easier for Davis to swallow fans booing him on the road then being booed at home.

Beck is not ready yet and Callahan said so. He said he still has to grasp some parts of the offense. If you put beck second on the depth chart and Zac somehow begins to go downhill during a game, and fans start chanting for Beck to come in (since he would be the backup) and Beck somehow isn't ready and begins throwing interceptions like Davis did last year against Tech, Beck could possibly get crucified by fans and the Media about being overrated as a passer.

Callahan is protecting his player, plain and simple until Beck is ready

When there are 67,890 head coaches in the stands, that makes sense. BC is the coach and putting in a player is his decision alone. If Beck is not ready then so be it. I'm with the other 11,378 fans who are just feeling pretty good about seeing the game.

GBR

P.S. plus I make a heck of lot less than BC :)

Then the next week, when we went down to Tech and Joe threw the interceptions, Callahan threw Davis in the game to show fans WHY he did not put davis in the week before.

Great way to run a program, throwing your backup qb under the bus, just to show that YOU are "smart".

I wouldnt expect anything less from billy c. :wacko:

If Beck is having trouble grasping the speed of things bad enough to have Ganz #2. Can he be any help this year? Also with the arrival of Josh Freeman. Will he ever see consistant playing time? Just wonder what everyones take is.

What makes you think Freeman is going to have an easier time? Your from KC right, does Freeman run the same offense or something similiar? If he does, maybe, but if he doesn't look for Freeman to redshirt out of the gate.

No im not form kc. OKC. Okla. City. No I dont know if Freeman will be more prepared than Beck will be.That is the $64 question. I do know that having Beck and Freeman is a problem that alot of coaches would love to have. Just trying to get a feel of what everyones opinion of who the starter for the near future will be. Between the two back to back elite 11 QBs. We should have one rise to the challenge. Shirting Freeman would probobly be best if Beck has a better feel for the offense. ;)