Kansas at #4 Nebraska, Wednesday 9/22/2010

Nice segment on Bridgette Root. It would be nice to see her get a shot at playng. However with her being a setter and the coaches daughter on the roster, her playing time looks less than....... even - equal.

It has nothing to do with Lauren Cook being the coaches daughter to why Bridgett Root wont play much, it is because Lauren Cook is really good and that is why she will play and not Root.

okay...... <_<

Lauren Cook last year at UCLA won AVCA National Freshman of Year. I am pretty sure that is pretty damn impressive of an award to get and means she is a very good player. There is probably reasons why Root is 3rd string right now, probably isnt as good as the other 2 setters that play and I am sure it has nothing to due with Cook being coaches daughter.

Sure thing Dan Hawkins. Even he saw the what's what. It' took him three years - but he finally got it. There's hope, so don't quite yet. With this stated, we can drop it now as there's nothing more to add.

Nice NU win. Not a great win, but a nice win.

Wow, what a stupid comparison and you are making me :facepalm: with every post on this topic. Colorado has been terrible with Hawkins as their QB and he was a big reason why. I am pretty sure I haven't heard him getting any awards in college for his stellar play whereas Cook has. Colorado had a losing record when he starts whereas Nebraska is 11-1. There is absolutely no comparison with these situations.

Nice segment on Bridgette Root. It would be nice to see her get a shot at playng. However with her being a setter and the coaches daughter on the roster, her playing time looks less than....... even - equal.

It has nothing to do with Lauren Cook being the coaches daughter to why Bridgett Root wont play much, it is because Lauren Cook is really good and that is why she will play and not Root.

okay...... <_<

Lauren Cook last year at UCLA won AVCA National Freshman of Year. I am pretty sure that is pretty damn impressive of an award to get and means she is a very good player. There is probably reasons why Root is 3rd string right now, probably isnt as good as the other 2 setters that play and I am sure it has nothing to due with Cook being coaches daughter.

Sure thing Dan Hawkins. Even he saw the what's what. It' took him three years - but he finally got it. There's hope, so don't quite yet. With this stated, we can drop it now as there's nothing more to add.

Wow, what a stupid comparison and you are making me :facepalm: with every post on this topic. Colorado has been terrible with Hawkins as their QB and he was a big reason why. I am pretty sure I haven't heard him getting any awards in college for his stellar play whereas Cook has. Colorado had a losing record whereas Nebraska is 11-1. There is absolutely no comparison with these situations.

WOW - you missed the area in bold. Imagine that. Hmmm. Like I said three years is a long time.

Well, I missed all but the last part of the 4th set since it was daughter's "Meet the Teachers" night at school. What was the problem in the first set? Poor passing? Did Mueller start? I haven't looked at the individual stats yet.

It's still a long way to the tournament and I expected the 6-2 to be a little clunky for the first half of the season. One thing about the 6-2 is that with all the subs it is sometimes difficult to get in a groove, could be a reason for the slow starts. Still a couple of months to iron out the kinks.

Well, I missed all but the last part of the 4th set since it was daughter's "Meet the Teachers" night at school. What was the problem in the first set? Poor passing? Did Mueller start? I haven't looked at the individual stats yet.

It's still a long way to the tournament and I expected the 6-2 to be a little clunky for the first half of the season. One thing about the 6-2 is that with all the subs it is sometimes difficult to get in a groove, could be a reason for the slow starts. Still a couple of months to iron out the kinks.

The first game they were almost non-existant. They played real poorly in all aspects of the game. The rest of the games they played well but not great. They were not as dominant over their opponent as they should have been. As posted above, I just wonder how mentally tough this team is.

This team should be better than they have shown. We should not have lost to Florida, no matter how lights-out Murphy was. We have the talent to beat anyone in the country, but instead we struggle with mental lapses.

Kansas is not a terrible team. They're not a great team, but they are certainly capable of getting to the tournament (depending how many teams the Big 12 sends). That said, we should not drop a game at home against a team we are now 85-0-1 against all time.

I guess I'm echoing Vince's comments above, but he's right - this team seems to lack mental toughness. I hope it doesn't cost them a chance at a memorable NCAA run.

okay...... <_<

:facepalm:

okay...... <_<

Ignorant post of the month goes to you, Vince.

Saying that Cook isn't a great volleyball player is a joke. There is a reason she was one of the top girls coming out of high school and was the national freshman of the year last year. The girl is flat out a stud, and it has NOTHING to do with being Cook's daughter that she is seeing playing time. How is Cook starting even remotely close to Hawkins starting at QB for CU? Cook would be the starting setter on almost every team in the country, if not every. Hawkins would not start at QB for almost any team. But of course, you have to say there is nothing more to add because you have no proof what so ever to back up your ludicrous statement. Good effort, but you're way, WAY wrong.

okay...... <_<

Ignorant post of the month goes to you, Vince.

Saying that Cook isn't a great volleyball player is a joke. There is a reason she was one of the top girls coming out of high school and was the national freshman of the year last year. The girl is flat out a stud, and it has NOTHING to do with being Cook's daughter that she is seeing playing time. How is Cook starting even remotely close to Hawkins starting at QB for CU? Cook would be the starting setter on almost every team in the country, if not every. Hawkins would not start at QB for almost any team. But of course, you have to say there is nothing more to add because you have no proof what so ever to back up your ludicrous statement. Good effort, but you're way, WAY wrong.

Most ignorant reply in the history of the Internet goes to you.

If you can't see the see, then you're wrong. I can, I have, and I do therefore I'm right.