The Option

EZ-E

I think we will see more of this come conference play. The set that I am refering to is the one that we line Roy up next to TMart, bring Rex in motion behind the QB, fake to Roy, then run the option with TMart and Rex. I think that we are much more creative than we have shown up to this point. As we all know, Bo is a poker player; he is not going to show more than what he has to. I am expecting us to be very vanilla this week on both sides of the football.

I think we will see more of this come conference play. The set that I am refering to is the one that we line Roy up next to TMart, bring Rex in motion behind the QB, fake to Roy, then run the option with TMart and Rex. I think that we are much more creative than we have shown up to this point. As we all know, Bo is a poker player; he is not going to show more than what he has to. I am expecting us to be very vanilla this week on both sides of the football.

I agree, unless things go astray! ;)

Yes. It was easy to forget after watching the offense bog down last year, but Watson has everything but the kitchen sink in his playbook. Having three explosive runners gives you a lot of options. Martinez is also a good enough passer that you can really do some fun, unpredictable stuff mixing up the run and pass and this is helped even more by our big receivers, especially Mike McNeill, whose versatility has not really been utilized through the first three games.

Your gameplan this week is to hit one deep ball for cushion, then ram it up the gut the rest of the night until our third teamers are exhausted and the clock runs out. Might as well practice a bit of the zone-read while you're at it, but nothing too fancy will be necessary.

Then a nice bi before conference play, and the real fun begins.

I'd assume we've really only just scratched the service in everything we have drawn up in this new system. We've pretty much been relying upon alternating between the inside and outside zone read. I'd assume there are a ton more plays involving getting both Rex and Roy involved (especially when both are on the field) not to mention motion involving Marlowe and Paul. With as good as our counter has been it's just begging for the defense to overcommit, letting Martinez roll out and find a wide open receiver downfield. This offense is going to be nightmarish for d-coordinators to scheme for in the future. Good stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing them run that play this weekend against a lesser opponent. The last thing we need/want is for them to attempt that play for the first time against a conference opponent, i.e. Texas, Mizzou, etc., only to have it go badly. And against Texas, we can't afford any mistakes.

Haven't they done the play once already this season? I could have sworn I saw it in the first or second game, but I could be mistaken.

I wouldn't mind seeing them run that play this weekend against a lesser opponent. The last thing we need/want is for them to attempt that play for the first time against a conference opponent, i.e. Texas, Mizzou, etc., only to have it go badly. And against Texas, we can't afford any mistakes.

Haven't they done the play once already this season? I could have sworn I saw it in the first or second game, but I could be mistaken.

I don't remember seeing but I may have missed it

Definitely run already once against Idaho.

I'd assume we've really only just scratched the service in everything we have drawn up in this new system. We've pretty much been relying upon alternating between the inside and outside zone read. I'd assume there are a ton more plays involving getting both Rex and Roy involved (especially when both are on the field) not to mention motion involving Marlowe and Paul. With as good as our counter has been it's just begging for the defense to overcommit, letting Martinez roll out and find a wide open receiver downfield. This offense is going to be nightmarish for d-coordinators to scheme for in the future. Good stuff.

I sure hope so, but I am a little skeptical of how complex this offense is, and how much Taylor and Cody feel comfortable running.

But yes, they have used that option play a time or two this year.

O.K. good, so I wasn't just imagining it lol.

I remember it now. I remember Martinez got the pitch at the perfect time to avoid taking a loss, and I think Burkhead got a pretty substantial gain off of it.

I remember it now. I remember Martinez got the pitch at the perfect time to avoid taking a loss, and I think Burkhead got a pretty substantial gain off of it.

I may have missed it then in my caffeine induced stupor

I may have missed it then in my caffeine induced stupor

Go to 1:17 of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb671XwyCYU&feature=related

Yes, they ran it once against Idaho and Taylor couldn't have executed it much better. He delivered a laser beam of a pitch to Burkhead a split second before getting hit and I think it went for about 20-25 yards. It was a thing of beauty.

Gawd it blows chunks to have a 10 second memory span....it just doesn't ring a bell to me. I gotta find that. I LOVE the fact we're doing it!