Couple of Thoughts about the South Dakota State Game

EZ-E

A thugsker? That's really harsh, just because of his background? He may play too passionately, rather than smartly, but I think that's a low blow...

While the term may be harsh the sentiment is accurate. The kid is a head hunter and has the facemask penalties to prove it. You would think the staff would work with him on that but by the nature he tackles around the head it is going to make him prone to those calls.

I remember that Thenarse play.. I couldn't believe that he didn't make a play on the ball. That thing was in the air for what seemed like an eternity and he was right there to pick it.

Just what I was thinking as well. When I watched it as soon as he let the ball go and I saw Ricky coming I remember thinking, GO GET IT RICKY! but he held up so he could make a huge hit instead of going and picking the ball off. He could have done it.

Good stuff EZ-E..

On defense we are seeing the effects of missing Suh inside and Dillard against the run. Even Compton and Fish mixed in there (depth and extra year of experience). This game was a wake up call & I'm not going to panic too much, but am glad we won. Run defense has been average all year. Running backs are finding holes freequently. They drag our "fast/light" back seven a few extra yards on a handful of carries each game, and thats enough for teams to extend drives. I'm pretty sure the Huskers will regroup and respond accordingly.